Worst leases you've seen

2 Likes

That’s just what it costs!

sounds troll-Esque to me. Even the dumbest consumer out there would think twice before leasing a car and paying the total cost of the car on he lease.

3 Likes

I guess I haven’t lost faith in the stupidity of mankind.

1 Like

But his salesman threw in wheel and tire protection at an ‘insider rate’ of only $27/month (over 60 months)!!

4 Likes

Any bets on where the finance manager went on vacation after this one?

1 Like

St. Lucia.

1 Like

Granted I am not a BMW guy. But I don’t understand the concept of a 2 series. The 3-series is already a piece of shit. Why the need for something even worse?

1 Like

Many (most) would say the two series is better than the 3 series.

1 Like

Whaaaaaat?

1 Like

I mean as a pure drivers car. Not talking about the fwd drive models. As a pure driving experience the 240 and m2 probably provide a better drive than a 340 or m3.

Ah so not the gran coupe.

It’s a shame they don’t offer the M35i in the 3er, it’d be a firecracker. On that note I wouldn’t mind seeing it in the new X1 as well.

Sure but the 3 is more practical and not a tinker toy.

2 series proportions look weird to me but each their own.

Gran coupe 2 series rocks***!

***at least in M235 guise

2 Likes

Definitely agree.

Also: have allocations available if anyone wants. :grin:

My wife was the one who really wanted one as she like smaller cars. I wasn’t a huge fan of it before we got it, but having it now for a year and a half I love it. It is surprisingly quick and fun to drive.

In a year and a half maybe I’ll give you a shout for another one, but for now I’m riding my $389 a month payment until the bitter bitter end… as they have to pry the low payment away from me (as I go sob in the corner).

1 Like

I have to find my dad a replacement for a basically free Volvo wagon, and figure out what I’m driving this summer. A crying corner has been found.

I hope you do not find excessive blessings.

1 Like

$155k down, $18,900/month for 60 months, residual of $675k = $261k in interest over 5 years…this math doesn’t work…I can’t see how all the tax write-offs in the world could justify this (can’t even 179 it). Financing for 60 months at 4.5% would be over $100k less in interest for only a slightly higher monthly payment. Plus, I don’t see a Carrera GT ever being worth only $675k. Who is the customer for this lease? A rental business? In light of this vehicle’s propensity for killing inexpericenced drivers, that seems like a risky bet…

That ain’t all that bad.
10k miles.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a38687277/2005-porsche-carrera-gt-bat-auction-record/