Worst leases you've seen

You do which is why it’s dumb to put 25k in mods on a car you’re renting.

2 Likes

Oof. This is…a very specific car for an incredibly specific buyer. Who also has a kink for speeding tickets and valet joy rides. Linda Blair might have rocked this after the original Exorcist came out, had it been around.

You’re supposed to return it to OEM condition, some things you can get away with leaving on it, in some cases you’ll get a bill to return it to OEM condition. Often when someone makes these kind of mods they keep the originals and put them back on. If they sell them, they roll the dice on a bill or buy the car out :man_shrugging:t2:

The seller is PT Barnum, he’s just waiting for the sucker who’ll pay him $30k down.

1 Like

Honestly, I thought everything was done tastefully until I saw those god awful underbody neons. Those mods are pretty easy to remove, as long as holes weren’t drilled into the trunk. No dealer will check for new holes in the underbody.

The only big problem I have with modding a leased car past wheels and maybe lowering it is recouping costs. Ain’t gonna happen, this guy is gonna take a bath on what he paid for all that.

Also, 2k for a steering wheel?

2 Likes

Its interesting how often the M cars on swap have vossen wheels , it’s fairly common. Just don’t understand it.

Ya as you said in second paragraph they may be easy to remove but I’m not paying the guy extra for his rental car mods.

Very similar to unique home furnishings that people expect to recoup on when selling, just ain’t gonna happen.

oof.

5 Likes

That you? :rofl:

Its CA, hope it’s not you :joy:

1 Like

But RV at 43%? I haven’t seen RV that low for awhile. Could be nice equity check at the end of a lease.
I mean unless we are in 2008 all over again by that time.

2 Likes

This has to be one of the worst deals ever actually signed on leasehackr right? Most of these are Swapalease jokes that nobody will actually take. But somebody actually signed this and then uploaded it. I’m astonished.

3 Likes

Lolol you see the 4 add ons?

2 Likes

jesus christ this is so bad

$2,700 in PEACE OF MIND alone.

I guess that’s one way to get rid of that annoying trade equity.

(Speaking of which; I wonder…)

2 Likes

I am 90% sure most of the hellcats ordered on the other thread will have less total cost and it’s 20k more car.

4 Likes

quoting old post - but is this where all those covid-19 checks went?

i havent heard of swap-a-lease before but if the transaction goes pending are people just taking a bath trying to get out of these things? No way there’s a website full of idiots willing to take over $1k/month leases on 2 and 3-series sedans with $10k down - right?

Girlfriend Rent GIF by Crunchyroll

7 Likes

I haven’t actually done a deal on swap bc of the absolutely pre-historic enraging interface but I suspect it says pending whenever someone messages about a deal

brb let me pay 70 bucks to message someone about a prospective swap, like what?

frankly most people that lease cars get taken advantage of and get horrible deals. This place is a vast vast exception.

1 Like

6 Likes

I was happy to see Car ads in my local paper, until I saw what it entailed.
Before TTL
Sales Price 31470
$399/month x 48 = 19152
DAS 7600
Lease Rebate $500
Total paid $27252

Just how bad is this RV and MF to force 86% just in Payments (Not even including the $3k TTL)

2 Likes