Worst leases you've seen

$100/mo in just the markup.

I told the guy this is crazy, you are missing two zeros after the period on the moneyfactor. He said no, its a out of state adjustment. Dealer ks in CT.

1 Like

Out of state adjustment, HA! That’s a polite way of saying there’s no way in hell we want your business.

1 Like

Can you send me the dealer’s info? I’m interested in this. :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Pay to play, not everyone gets to drive an enclave :joy::joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Either a formatting error or some software that was built to show APR in up to 4 digits (including decimals), for example 24.99%

They probably never updated it to 5 decimals for money factors or just rationalized it as “first two zeroes are redundant whatevs”

Wow I didn’t realize Range Rover bought Buick and revamped the Enclave. Oh wait….

My mother-in-law told me that my brother-in-law leased a Jeep Wrangler 4xE and he’s paying $675/mo. I just nodded and kept my mouth shut.

2 Likes

Maybe he turned in a 330 with negative equity? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Best to leave stupid people alone.

4 Likes

Just thought everyone would get a kick out of this proposal. I’m well under mileage on a 2019 540i lease, and due to lease buyout restriction, looking at potentially jumping into another lease. This is the first proposal sent to me, and frankly I think it’s laughable. Maybe tell me if I’m wrong…

What car are you trying to lease? Another 540? What’s the sticker?

The MF looks super marked up. Don’t know what the exterior protection is and if you want it either.

1 Like

Yah, none of that I want! This is on another, similarly appointment 540i.

The $14000 cap cost reduction is the funniest part to me, given the payment. I generally never do any cost reduction; but on this deal they are rolling $6000 worth of equity on my trade into the deal, and still expecting me to pay $7000 out of pocket for additional cost reduction. Who would do that?

1 Like

Lots of people put down big money.

What is the base MF you found in your research?
What is your current car worth to dealers?

They might, but should they is the question.

The rates I’ve seen is 0.00176, but I haven’t confirmed. This dealership is giving 41,000.00 on the trade, but I haven’t priced it anywhere else. My lease is up end of August so I have some time.

I just recently learned about the restriction on lease buyouts, so I’m starting to take an early look at options. Way under mileage because of covid and all.

Never, ever talk numbers with a dealer without already knowing the answer to what they should be.

Youre just asking them how much they want you to pay.

3 Likes

You’ll need to do a little more research. Doesn’t seem like you had the information you needed to rebuke.

Check out edmunds for MF, RV, current incentives and try to get offers on your trade through other services.

1 Like

Not my first rodeo guys, there is nothing wrong with hitting up dealers to get initial offers to confirm money factors and start conversations. Not looking for advice as much as I thought those of you who lease often would get a kick out of this terrible deal.

This will be my 11th lease deal in the past 12 years, so I know a thing or two. I always start with pinging dealers as I’m doing my research. They always start with the BS numbers, so I use it to kill time while I wait for them to get to the real numbers. It’s the game we all play.

Also, just confirmed April rates are 0.00176 and a residual of 57% on this car.

1 Like

So you’ve confirmed that this dealer gave you crap numbers, marked up the mf, and have given them the impression from the get go that you’re not an informed consumer. What have you achieved here other than wasting your own time and increases the amount of effort they’ve spent on the potential transaction?

There’s nothing surprising here with their numbers. MSPR + add ons + marked up mf mixed with bmws crappy current lease programs. Pretty par for the course.

4 Likes