Worst leases you've seen

Very true. Maybe it just hits me different as both a parent and someone who is obsessive about vehicle cost, but it’s simultaneously very depressing and very idiotic :rofl: The knee jerk ‘had a baby and immediately needed to buy a 3 row SUV at all costs’. One month later you come to the realization that you have to light $5k on fire just to end up with nothing.

Honestly at baby stage we really appreciated that our '05 Acura TSX was so small. It made it really easy to just reach back and stick a pacifier in or give a bottle. Of course it was real fun disassembling our double stroller every time just to get it to fit in the trunk :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

I profusely (mentally) thank every customer at a dealership that I know is signing what we would call a “bad” deal. It sounds harsh, but without those signings we wouldnt get ours.

2 Likes

One year, actually.

Ironically the customers that pay the most are usually the happiest

3 Likes

That’s funny, I say the same thing all the time about stupid people :grin:

2 Likes

Look at this offer that I just got, I might not be the best hacker, but I sure did not pay $578 a month for an i3 :thinking: Who wants an i3 for $4518 DAS and $611/month?

4 Likes

They MAY waive that $350 disposition fee though, but no guarantees in life :laughing:

1 Like

At effective $736 a month, I hope they waive the dispo :rofl:

1 Like

https://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/d/bridgewater-take-over-my-bmw-lease/7265631954.html

2018 x1 $618

In principle this is bad… but the Msport X1 can get up to 49K and it was leased in 2018 the MF was decently high relative to now and 15k miles makes it possible to pay 600 while getting an OK discount 6-8% based on whatever incentives he/she got and assuming DAS was first monthly only or zero drive off…

We went from Miata to civic for our first baby- on a budget at that time and was a perfect car. Could drive and reach back for the pacifier/bottle etc. a newborn baby doesn’t need a 7 seater.

2 Likes

This came up at work in a conversation. I was told that people who were bad at their job must be stressed all the time.

I disagree, people that are bad at their job and are clueless are the least stressed and happiest. Like a ignorant customer who got what he wanted without realizing he overpaid.

1 Like

It’s Dunning-Krueger everywhere

Disclaimer: spelling might be wrong, but I’m confident enough to not care.

4 Likes

Assuming that means Audi Arlington. My only experience there was shopping with a friend and that place seems to believe buying an Audi is a privilege and they name the price.

Incidently, that is by my office and in the before times I spent a lot of time staring into the dealership from the little Pakistani restaurant across the street.

Yes, Arlington.

Are you talking about City Kebab?

1 Like

Yep, with its view right into the showroom.

1 Like

13k over mileage at $2.50/mile = $32,500 over mileage fee as of right now and there is still over a year left on the lease! $3,000/mo for 15 months = $45,000. Add those to the RV and there is no deal here whatsoever. At this rate, he will have $60,000 just in excess mileage when the lease is over!

Wait a second? I thought you needed to get a 3 row suv as soon as you knew you were having a kid, there’s no way a car seat fit in a Civic(insert sarcasm) :rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

5 Likes

That definitely seems to be the theme here- thinking about having a baby need an expedition or Yukon xl

2 Likes

Not the worst 440 lease I have seen but not the right place for this listing.

3 Likes