Worst leases you've seen

You gotta shop the discount, not the payment. trust me, will help a lot

Is 15 percent pre-incentive discount reasonable given our current market or is it crazy?

15% wasn’t realistic for a loaner with 1k miles even before

1 Like

I’m not sure a 15% discount remotely qualifies in a “worst leases you’ve ever seen” thread

3 Likes

Our favorite little buddy Bill. Give them a free used Honda Civic at signing and you just may get a buyer! Never give up Bill!!! :heartpulse:

Bill is a living legend around here… :arrow_up:

Actual payment: $1,131. What in the…

How did I miss this one? I don’t believe I’m too far from him either. No more cars for me at the moment, especially not at that price point!

2 Likes

Free bolt, what’s next? Waiting for the i4 heh.

I’m not sure honestly… I’d consider taking a crack at the higher end marques but I’m not really sure what I’d even want. I’d like to assess the EV market again in 2.5 to 3 years and see what’s out there. The Hummer would be fun but I doubt it’s going to slide under that magic 55k price point to make it worth hacking. I still have a soft spot for the Giulia and Stelvio as well, but who knows if they’ll even be available new here in a couple of years or more? Not to mention the fact that GM always finds a way to drag me back in with loyalty incentives and credit card promos.

Dealers are working hard to bring this guy into their dealership…heck they prob offer a limousine pickup free of charge to bring him in

1 Like

How about a shape-shifter? I’d label this a bad deal originally (1540/mo, ouch), but post incentives, ~1150/mo as a starting point for negotiations now seems decent…ish? for a 116k MSRP M5 w/ DAP/Exec/B&W, maintenance, and snow tires.

1 Like

I need some help figuring out this one… what on earth happened here? The window sticker adds up to 151k, but… did they really sign a 60 month lease for 126k on a 151k car? Can’t be… right?

Apparently it was worth to someone since it’s sold

1 Like

But Porsche doesn’t offer a 60 month term (that I know of) and they’ve suspended lease transfers, so something doesn’t add up for sure.

1 Like

Sometimes SAL has listings for people to assume someone’s financing rather than lease, which may be what this really was. That said, it is a head scratcher since it is not properly listed as one of those types of transfers.

1 Like

Yep I think this must explain it… digging into the vin more, I found this fella, also at 8,200 miles… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

https://www.grandprimotors.com/used/Porsche/2019-Porsche-911-0f33a6100a0e0adf1bd28f6ac075dc8c.htm

133k actually, it’s even worse.

That’s assuming he put nothing down and I highly doubt that’s the case.

Then add the 5000 incentive.

Someone took over his lease btw

Edit: payment makes a lot more sense as a finance like you guys pointed out, however assuming this guy put a big down payment to finance this car, giving out a 5000 incentive on top- it looks like a really expensive 9 months of ownership.

Another CL find:

Rare per listing party: BMW 440i GC $795

Cool, one of a kind and modified. Awesome lease candidate…

1 Like

He’s also never had a hard time getting to a fast speed. Thank goodness. I can only imagine any modification installation was done by a true professional. :upside_down_face:

1 Like