Worst leases you've seen

I sometimes wonder how such stupid people have so much money. Probably the most common complaint about the 2018 Accord was its speakers, whether with the base speakers or the upgraded “premium” audio. I am no audiophile but even on the test drive I could tell the difference between the Accord sound system and that of the MDX I drove to the dealership in. An audiophile buying an Accord is like a driving enthusiast buying a Toyota Sienna

2 Likes

Merch anyone?

I’m selling them at $89 a piece. Discount for bulk orders. Financing available.

13 Likes

People will flex with anything. It’s not like everyone buying high end appliances is a gourmet chef.

5 Likes

That pilot was $920/month

3 Likes

Damn. Printed 600 of these babies already.
Oh well, 3rd world children will be able to change out of last year’s super bowl loser tees now.

11 Likes

How much negative equity did they roll in?

1 Like

I just reposted that deal not long ago, but I’d have to look. My recollection it was all front/back-end gross. Like the Sales and FI didn’t celebrate over a beer, they went for filet at a strip club that night and rolled in drunk the next morning.

2 Likes

I had to search it up, that’s not fillet money… a nice filets like 40 a pop for a chateaubriand at my job. That’s cocaine and night on the town money…

1 Like

Unicorn deal worthy! Take it to the local dealer in his hometown and see if they can even come close with Protection Package, Kahu, and Clear-Coat Insurance!

All jokes aside, S90 with the 19 speaker B&W sound system is a much nicer car than the Lincoln Fusion Energi. IMO the sound system sounds really good.

Why pick up a new one when you can get a 5 year old model with a hefty $19k down payment for the same monthly :thinking:

4 Likes

Not 100% on the original lease, but this guy probably got advice r/askacarsalesman on what a fair deal is for his swap.

$10k down payment, nice.

6 Likes

Must be nice living in

1 Like

Do you lease? I’m willing to put up to $40 down

1 Like

You don’t put money down in case it gets stolen or ruined by ketchup

2 Likes

Yes. But taking a look here at your credit history… Yep it’s not looking pretty… Tell you what, because I like you I’ll try to shoe you in under Tier 8 credit structure. Best I can do. $89 upfront and I’ll shrink the payment structure after 3 washes.

Not sure this is the right spot for a lease offer rather than a signed lease. I am looking at a car with great incentives. Well, the dealer took all those incentives for himself on his offer. I reverse engineered the selling price to 7% over MSRP :expressionless:

I emailed him back asking him if he intended to price the car 7% over msrp, we’ll see if he even responds.

I suppose you could amuse yourself by continuing to talk to this dealer, the way some people engage with Nigerian scammers.

2 Likes

Funny enough, he got back to me saying he is the GM and not used to doing the numbers himself, said he didn’t add in the rebates properly. He got back to me with a reasonably competitive deal. I guess I’ll let bygones be bygones.

1 Like
1 Like

Here’s the lease sheet for a loaner X3 sDrive I was quoted. I felt this was creeping in on new X3M and definitely X3 M40i territory.