Worst leases you've seen

He financed actually! May a higher :electric_plug: help him.

1 Like

I can’t find what his final deal was anywhere, but it’s quite possible that we have a two time WLYS winner within the span of one year.

1 Like

https://www.driveaccord.net/threads/apple-carplay-issues.504898/page-5#post-6756383

I traded in the vehicle yesterday (Honda Accord Hybrid) for a loaded Lincoln MKC Hybrid, Ultra Luxury with the 20-speaker Revel System. Will take delivery in a few days.

I just couldn’t take the hassle of communicating with Honda any further. They really aren’t very receptive to complaints.
Yeah, I lost a lot of money in the long run, but at least I can get back into a luxury car with a great ride and a real premium sound system, unlike the crap they put into the 2018 Accords.

The reason I took a huge loss on my 2018 Honda Accord Hybrid and traded it in for a 2019 Lincoln Hybird.

This dude… bought out the honda and traded it into A LINCOLN LEASE.
@chrishs2000 what have you started…

3 Likes

8 Likes

Some people have too much money. He has a home theater setup worth more than my family’s cars combined. He runs a home theater audiophile forum actually.

4 Likes

Hydrogenaudio?

1 Like
1 Like

Everyone has their vice.

I’ll be sure to never take any advice on that home theater forum seriously.

7 Likes

I’m and audiophile myself, head-fi is the best forum imo, the classified marketplace is the largest I’ve ever seen outside of reddit avswap and really friendly.

Financial advise anyway…

Doesn’t mean anything. vhooloo was a TH here once.

5 Likes

It’s kind of telling to me, the audiophile community is well known for their love of throwing money away on snake oil. The sales people that deal with the high end stuff must love guys like him even more than the car dealers thanks to markups on some of their stuff. You can scientifically prove that a wire coat hanger transmits an audio signal just as well as the most expensive speaker cables and they will swear up and down that it makes a difference. I remember on Amazon awhile back there was a Denon POWER CORD that sold for upwards of a thousand dollars because it supposedly made the power supply to the receiver better.

8 Likes

Well, if people buy clean clean mountain air in canisters I’m not surprised at the power cord.
It has much better paved highway for electrons to flow without any bumps😂

1 Like

ImpossibleFarflungAlligatorsnappingturtle-small

4 Likes

I’ve been offered a lightly optioned, $50K MSRP loaner X3 sDrive 30i with ~2K miles for $751 p/month. At least it’s $0 DAS, but I still laughed when I saw it.

1 Like

Dude, the Chinese buy that stuff up by the metric ton. No joke.

I remember when these “audiophile” types at electronics stores tried selling me on 75 dollar gold-plated HDMI cables and how the gold makes them the image and sound better because of its electrical properties. Worked for BMW and McLaren, why not HDMI?

They believed it too. Guess no one told them that digital signals aren’t analog and are received as 1’s and 0’s.

5 Likes

This, I use a DAC and when I use a good cable it makes a noticeable difference. When not using a DAC, it becomes less so.

My Sony XBA Z5s are so so on a laptop, but when using a DAC or something else, they become BASS powerhouses.