Worst leases you've seen

He picked up the car at 9k down 350… crazy bastard then proceeds to trade for a 19 MKZ hybrid… 1 year in.

1 Like

ENHANCED!!

1 Like

Worst “Market Adjustment” I’ve seen on a Telluride

5 Likes

I have a buddy who sells Hyundai and he showed me some quotes from dealers asking $5k-$10k over and his whole sales pitch is that his dealer only charges $3k over.

5 Likes

I’m guessing this is for Palisade? Can’t imagine anything else in their current lineup selling above sticker.

3 Likes

Imagine paying over MSRP for a Kia.

3 Likes

What amazes me is that some people are paying these premiums AFTER incentives too.

2 Likes

It’s laughable really but I doubt anyone paying over sticker for a Hyundai could differentiate between incentives and dealer discount

2 Likes

Well, it isn’t really a dealer discount if it’s negative.

I’ve definitely seen a few people on the palisade forums saying stuff like “well, there was a $2k mark up, but we only had to pay half of it because of the $1000 incentives!”

The worst part is they were excited about it, like they made out like a bandit.

I definetely got some weird comments when I told them I got mine for $6k under MSRP post-incentive. And basically got accused for spamming/phishing when I posted about the bonusdrive post-sale rebate and encouraged people there to apply for it.

3 Likes

It’s “dealer discount”, negative because they’re discounting your intelligence as an uninformed buyer

I’ve also gotten the “stop spreading misinformation, we all know leasehackr is fake” on a software engineering forum. Oh well, one can try to help.

4 Likes

On that last note, I’ve consistently seen people getting BMW loaners for 20%. I myself contacted 15+ dealers, NONE of them would go beyond 16%. I also thought it was shit. But then I helped buddy get a loaner and this time the dealer gave him 21%… and im like FML

3 Likes

Paying over MSRP pretty much ruins any chance of a good lease. But Kias are mostly purchased and for that purpose MSRP is mostly meaningless.

If you could purchase either a comparably equipped QX60 or a Telluride for, say, $47k each. Pretty sure overwhelming majority would choose the Telluride.

Would it matter what their MSRPs are? One is over and one is massively under, does it matter?

4 Likes

It’s a shitty Kia, why would you be so desperate to get one you’re willing to pay “market adjustments” for one LOL

3 Likes

You didn’t understand a single word I wrote, did you?

7 Likes

Reading is hard :man_shrugging:.

All Telluride trim levels are nice for their price point, even when that price point is at MSRP. Some people still view Hyundai and Kia as they were 20 years ago but those people have likely have never been in a Telluride or Palisade. But as you say, they are really better for purchase than lease.

As an aside, Id love to know what cars/brands these buyers are coming from. These cars are good values but still selling for about 40k on average per C&D. That’s about an 800 buck a month note over five years with a good down payment.

1 Like

I went to the palisade from an s90 and primarily was cross shopping the palisade with the xc90 and xc60.

2 Likes

The telluride and the palisade are the best vehicles in the segment by a big margin

3 Likes

Curious - why palisade over xc90 or xc60? Did you not like your s90? Never driven either brand and also never seen a Hyundai hyped so hard lately so I’m intrigued.

2 Likes

I don’t fit comfortably in the xc90. I have very wide shoulders, and being a 3 row, the b pillar is pushed further forward than in the other Volvo vehicles and it cramps my shoulder space. Xc40, s60… All the smaller volvos work just fine. I really tried to make it work, but never could. Palisade is much more comfortable for that reason.

Xc60 is great, but I wanted more cargo space and I couldn’t get an xc60 to the price point I wanted with all the features I wanted.

I loved the s90. Super comfortable ride, technology was great, etc.

The palisade tech wise is every bit as good. All the semi-autonomous driving tech is better than in the Volvo, which was already impressive. Interior materials are quite as nice in some areas (a little more plastics), it isn’t as quiet, and it’s missing some silly features (no folding mirrors, etc), but it’s a fantastic vehicle for the price. The biggest issue with leasing a palisade is that you can get a well equipped xc90 for about the same price. If I could fit comfortably in one, that’s probably what I would have ended up with instead.

4 Likes

Hello fellow time traveler. You must be talking about Kias such as the one I linked above. I realize in your time that they make some less than desirable cars, but I promise you they make pretty darn nice cars in the year 2020. I encourage you to go to one of our local Kia dealers to take any one of their cars for a spin.

Hopefully you have a way to get back to the 90s. You probably won’t do well here.

8 Likes