Worst leases you've seen

Money covers a lot of stupidity. “Money Play!” as they say in Vegas.

Thanks for the kind words man! I do enjoy the car a lot too. So much better with great adaptive cruise control and the pilot assist.

You will never overpay for a lease in the future! No one here started off getting unicorn deals.

1 Like

People make emotional decisions and the car salesman is trying to make a living. Bad combination.

2 Likes

I was just quoted $995/mo for a $65k Range Rover Velar with $4500 down payment. I laughed at him.

http://www.swapalease.com/mobile/lease/details/2017-Audi-Q7.aspx?salid=1236573

Looks like a 36m/10k. Previous MY too, maybe 2 model years. dude drove 11k in 3 months. Yikes. How is this situation even possible? Who signs a lease like this, then proceeds to drive 100 miles a day, everyday.

Says he’s willing to offer incentive. Should I ask for $45k? I think that’s fair for 500 miles a month.

2 Likes

That’s a 59k dollar lease. Even with the added mileage, he might actually come out with some positive equity if he stayed the course. At 59k dollars over 3 years, he basically bought the damned thing. What’s left on the residual? I’d be very interested in seeing the MF and RV for this thing at signing, absolutely one of the worst Audi deals of all time. I wonder if he put money down…

1 Like

I think the only way this is possible is if he rolled some huge negative equity into it. Given the MY and mileage, this could’ve been a demo. Makes it even worse…

That makes this even far worse… He’s trying to get someone else to pay his own financial mistakes while he robbed the lease of its mileage allowance.

Lol I want to ask for 45k incentive. Are the giggles worth the $60 sign up fee? This is as entertaining as the Mayweather McGregor fight.

1 Like

Wow. That is some impressive lack of foresight to lease a vehicle knowing the allowed miles and then blow through 11k in 3 months. Mind blowing.

Knowing that it’s Audi, it was probably a 48m lease

1 Like

That makes more sense considering its a 17MY, I just figured that the OP saw it was a 36.

Judging from allowed mileage it looks like a 10k/36

So, I have been lurking for the past few weeks on the these forums as I’m looking to replace my Cadillac ELR. I decided to call Erhardt BMW in Farmington Hills, MI, they had a nicely priced executive demo for $51,585 with less then 4k miles.

I was thinking to myself that I should be getting a great deal on this car as I have seen several posters on LeaseHackr get killer deals on these demos. Well, I was wrong and felt insulted when the salesman told me the numbers (see below)…He proceeded to say that typically X5’s lease in the $900s and He also had the nerve to ask me to come in for a test drive…Needles to say I am running the other way from this deal. Just wanted to share with the community here.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2018 BMW X5 xDrive35i
Saved Numbers on Leasehackr Calculator:

MSRP: $ 61,585
Selling Price: $ 51,585
Monthly Payment: $ 599
Cash Due at Signing: $ 7,499
MSD: 0
Incentives:

Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10,000
MF:
Residual:

Region: Detroit
Leasehackr Score:

$900 lol … some of these guys are hilarious

1 Like

It could also be 48m/7.5K

I really doubt Audi FS or anyone else had leases available for a 2017 model in July 2018

1 Like

Erhard is terrible. They cater to the foreigners in the area that just come in and plunk down a crapload of cash and are totally uninterested in making a reasonable deal. If you find a good BMW dealer in the area let me know. I’ve heard good thing about Grand Blanc BMW.

Damn foreigners, coming here in caravans, stealing our BMW deals!

4 Likes

I was about to say that 599 was great! Then saw the cash down… Yikes… Effective 840 a month payment on a loaner X5. That’s a lot of scratch.