Worst leases you've seen

There’s a sucker for everything.

2 Likes

I don’t know- this seems to be really shady. Unless someone is holding a gun to your head, you can’t be that dumb to take over that lease.

Maybe the new guy is isn’t going to make a single payment or is going to make it a huge business loss for tax purposes.

Its evident that people just objectively have no f**n clue what a car costs or should cost (both lease and purchase) when you throw a monthly number their way, both a few years back and today

1 Like

I remember seeing this exact car for a much lower payment not long ago. Someone’s playing games here.

PJ

Over under he’s still gonna go with the terrible lease ? People just love the word “lease” no matter how much it costs them

Not sure if ur referring to my lease or this one. Regardless, im glad u linked me here because I understood it as mine and am glad yall all tell me it is not great. It’s not the term “lease” for me, I just never had an interest in owning a car!

To what end I ask ? If you’re already paying through the nose why not at least own the car after spending all that money ?

2 Likes

$3100/mo :laughing:

2 Likes

There’s gotta be a typo in there. Does a Tesla’s Lease LTV can be that bad?

Pay $102,000 And you won’t be able to purchase it at the end of the lease either. :exploding_head:

Tesla stopped allowing lease buyouts on ALL models in April ‘22.

Damn I’m out of date. Just googled it and wow, all new leases post April 22 have no buyout option… my bad!

Every time I get this ad that is so full of lies,

6 Likes

The asterisk is currently in stealth mode….what’s crazy is that uninformed go in, ask about this, drop $4,875 at signing and walk out thinking it’s only $199 / month.

3 Likes

I guess it must work on some people, but it must be a huge time waste for the sales team in a lot of cases as well. “Yes, we have this at $199, just give us $8k to cover the down payment and TTL and you can be on your way.”.

Another one I’ve seen recently is “$299/month, $0 security”. I dunno what the hell a security deposit is but you look at the fine print and they still want thousands before you leave.

What’s super frustrating to me recently (and others) is trying to find a car and you go to cars.com or a dealer’s website and it lists it. So you call. And it’s gone; it was never there. Their search engines are, I think, tapped into corporate’s supply chain but incorrectly showing vehicles as available even if they are already reserved.

You can make that up on gas savings.

You’re just a chauvinist who doesn’t want me to have my $600/m Suburban

5 Likes

$1408/mo :clown_face:

1 Like

Sadly $1408 on a new M4 probably isn’t that bad in today’s market, especially if you can even find an in stock unit.

I did chuckle at the “end of lease buyout is significantly lower than you will get at the dealer today ($47,122.10)”. Well no shit the RV in 3 years is lower than the new price…

4 Likes