Worst leases you've seen

I think its 183 a month maybe?

That’s pretty much par for a quote-seeking strategy.

They don’t know you from a Tom, Dick, Jane or Mary. So: Every quote-seeker is viewed as a profit-maximization opportunity

1700 on rs5

Oh lordy.

Tire and Wheel protection, Scratch and dent Protection, Interior and Leather cut protection, all included.

:rofl: F&I guy bought a boat off of this sucker.

6 Likes

Wait a second, you missed this part

“This 2019 Chevrolet Blazer AWD RS 4dr SUV is fully loaded. Color of vehicle is Graphite Metallic and interior is Jet Black w/ red RS features.”

Totally worth it

6 Likes

I think this goes here

4 Likes

Fully loaded with ALL of the F&I packages :rofl: Lifetime unlimited blinker fluid refills!

I literally cannot bring myself to respond to the RX350L thread. Brutal.

6 Likes

What about muffler bearings? Are those extra?

Those are the deals that keep LH alive. The car world is about averages. There are some LH deals and some RX350L deals but most end up in the middle. If one dealer was always the cheapest, they would lose money and close. If another was the highest, no one would buy and they would close.

Very true. Maybe it just hits me different as both a parent and someone who is obsessive about vehicle cost, but it’s simultaneously very depressing and very idiotic :rofl: The knee jerk ‘had a baby and immediately needed to buy a 3 row SUV at all costs’. One month later you come to the realization that you have to light $5k on fire just to end up with nothing.

Honestly at baby stage we really appreciated that our '05 Acura TSX was so small. It made it really easy to just reach back and stick a pacifier in or give a bottle. Of course it was real fun disassembling our double stroller every time just to get it to fit in the trunk :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

I profusely (mentally) thank every customer at a dealership that I know is signing what we would call a “bad” deal. It sounds harsh, but without those signings we wouldnt get ours.

2 Likes

One year, actually.

Ironically the customers that pay the most are usually the happiest

3 Likes

That’s funny, I say the same thing all the time about stupid people :grin:

2 Likes

Look at this offer that I just got, I might not be the best hacker, but I sure did not pay $578 a month for an i3 :thinking: Who wants an i3 for $4518 DAS and $611/month?

4 Likes

They MAY waive that $350 disposition fee though, but no guarantees in life :laughing:

1 Like

At effective $736 a month, I hope they waive the dispo :rofl:

1 Like

https://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/d/bridgewater-take-over-my-bmw-lease/7265631954.html

2018 x1 $618

In principle this is bad… but the Msport X1 can get up to 49K and it was leased in 2018 the MF was decently high relative to now and 15k miles makes it possible to pay 600 while getting an OK discount 6-8% based on whatever incentives he/she got and assuming DAS was first monthly only or zero drive off…

We went from Miata to civic for our first baby- on a budget at that time and was a perfect car. Could drive and reach back for the pacifier/bottle etc. a newborn baby doesn’t need a 7 seater.

2 Likes