Worst leases you've seen

I had to post this “deal” Las Vegas JLR offered me earlier today because I think it speaks volumes about smaller markets with captive audiences, where dealer is willing to charge whatever someone is willing to pay, no matter how crazy it is…

I deleted the sheet the dealer texted me by accident, but this was essentially the bottom line:

$65k MSRP F-Type (essentially base P300), 39/10, $1500 DAS, $1,100 per month!!! I almost died laughing when they sent me the sheet. I told the salesman it had to be a mistake, but she said her sales manager put it together. I don’t know how you could even put that in print with a straight face. So pissed I deleted the dealer sheet…as it’s probably worth framing. And if I had been thinking properly at the time, I would have gotten incentives, contribution, MF for educational purposes; but it’s pretty obvious what happened here…I think

1 Like

Saw this on Craigslist. 2020 Corolla LE

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/oakland-lease-takeover-or-buyout-2020/7077819683.html!Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 12.50.46 PM|456x500

4 Likes

I’ve seen people buy 110k Levantes in Scottsdale and turn around and sell them because I have no idea. There is a certain sect of people here that literally do not give a **** about money in any capacity. I live a bit north of the Scottsdale airport and it’s private flights all day.

One guy shows up every month to the Ferrari dealership (monthly cars and coffee), Bugatti, Paganis, F50, Carerra GT, doesn’t matter. All Montana plates. All over a million dollars.

It got so bad at one event here, they just started denying 911 Turbo S/GTR3 because $200,000 was too poor. Last year they had a La Ferrari and Mc12 for sale down the street and one of those 1.8 million Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG 6x6

1 Like

sorry but this doesn’t qualify.

1 Like

A bit of contradictory info in there but seems to be an ad for “take over my financing payments”

1 Like
6 Likes

Tempted to lock the thread right now to spare OP the misery

12 Likes

Bite your :tongue:

This is good entertainment.

:bat:

2 Likes

4 cylinder z4 for $1100 a month! At least they have enough sense to try to sell outright but they are still hopelessly underwater.

2 Likes

I understand the impulse but what did he expect?

1 Like

You enjoy the limited amount of power you have in this world? Sorry, not the first time I’ve seen you make a comment like this

6 Likes

I take what power I can get :wink:

6 Likes

You can’t make up stuff like that

3 Likes

Microscopic flaws…cracked windshield and hood dent :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Welcome to volunteer moderation on the internet. Gotta make sure people know whats good.

4 Likes

^$420/month for 24 months on a 5 year old Kia takes the cake.

3 Likes

Where does this animosity come from? This is precisely what he should be doing. He’s a moderator on the site.

2 Likes

Here’s a fun one - 2020 BMW m550i. Salesman knew I was grounding an X3 and had loyalty, and had me wait a week so he could work with a specific manager to get the best deal possible, and this is what he came up with -

m550lease

0% discount
No incentives, not even loyalty cash
Max MF (.00182)
$5k DAS + $1360/month @ 36/10

Not really surprising, it is the only BMW dealer in the state. I’d pay several thousand extra for an in-state dealer, but it looks like out of state broker it is.

4 Likes

He needed to talk to a “specific” manager to mark up max MF and sell you a car at MSRP?

That “specific” manager is Satan.

10 Likes

I don’t know, maybe only one of the managers lets them get away with only $995 in addons?

2 Likes