Worst leases you've seen

Maybe it’s the privilege of having the means and wherewithal to just say no talking…

But one should never shop when you need or really want a car. I turn off all emotions when walking a deal through. Unfortunately for most this is a hard ask.

5 Likes

2019 Kia Stinger GT AWD.

I just saw a commercial for a G90 but didn’t get a chance to take a picture. They said it was $689 a month with “only” $8,089 down, so effectively over $900 a month!

Never shop at the grocery store when you are hungry…It is best to go after you have just left the all you can eat Golden Corral buffet and the thought of food is revolting🤪

3 Likes

Or live near markets and shop fresh. Heheh.

:sleepy:

1 Like

I never understand people that say, “I need a car this week”. You can Uber or just rent a car for a few hundred bucks for the week. No one actually “needs” a car today.

1 Like

eh… I was in a rare situation a few years ago where I needed a car “this week”. Lived in a small town in the midwest when during summer, my 12-year old Accord’s transmission just died. Won’t shift into second year at all. Borrowed a car from a friend for a couple of weeks and looked around for used cars. Unfortunately, if u live in a town with less than 100k people, its really hard to find a car. If you have ever rented cars in small towns, which go for $50 a day… u can see where this is going.

You bought an ancient but reliably boaty Mercury Grand Marquis whilst you hunted for a truly amazing leasehackr worthy deal?

1 Like

Ok $50 a day for a week is $350. A week can get you a good deal on a lease. Don’t follow your logic.

Try explaining that to a 22-year old immigrant with almost zero credit with no idea about american financial products?

4 Likes

Pretty sure all Mercedes A-class leases could go here

6 Likes

This individual shouldn’t be leasing anything, then, without a broker.

lol didnt. Lease vs Buying was $80 difference, so purchased the car. Managed to negotiate 15% off msrp of a new car, then got hozed on the add-ons. Still have that car thu , have spent total $400 in 8 years on repairs thu, outside of tires/brakes/oil changes.

1 Like
4 Likes

I think that the posted A-Class lease and the Honda Pilot lease really exemplify two kinds of people. One will be able to learn from their mistakes and understands where they went wrong, while the other will continue to play the victim and blame others for their mistakes.

5 Likes

I don’t know if we’ve heard enough to concretely reach the victim stance. I’m not super sympathetic for bad deals, but I’m also trying to reach conclusions more slowly these days.

Just my $0.02. Add $5.98 and you’ll have a :beer:

:bat:

3 Likes

Eating there alone is revolting.

2 Likes

Instead of worse leases you’ve seen, it should be called how unicorns are born

6 Likes

8 Likes