Worst leases you've seen

Today I got an “offer” for a $56K X3 xDrive30i for $850pm, $3500 DAS 36/10k. Honestly didn’t ask for a breakdown, I just said “thank you but this is incredibly high”. I know we’re on a free market, but I find these kind of offers even disrespectful to consumers.

It is worth noting that it is the kind of dealer that said they are completely against deals over the phone because of shopping around, which I expressed I was a serious buyer which I’ve leased cars there in the past. They treated me with lots of arrogance as if they were doing me a favor for a quote. I still have 3-4 months until taking a decision but They already lost my business

Better you know now than when you actually need the car.

1 Like

At local Volvo dealer in Minnesota this morning.

Paid for by “worst lease” deals.

12 Likes

So, following the same logic, my house, cars, motorcycles and all the other crap my wife buys are paid by the poor clients and employers we screwed, right?

I won’t hesitate to spit on the sidewalk now that I know how bad-ass I am!

I thought I was uptight.

:bat:

8 Likes

I’m surprised I’m the first one to post this one:

8 Likes

Thank u for posting. I hope it will help other buyers out there, its really upsetting how you just happy to see others like me innocent get bad deals and wait to get criticize on. ill pray for u and the dealership.Godbless

whats the residual on that bad boy?

Personal attacks are unnecessary.

It’s not just that but a matter of simple math and common sense. Simple multiplication shows you that the payments are almost as much as the MSRP of the car, let alone you can’t possibly believe that a large amount of people driving around Hondas are paying $900 a month (or that the majority of people in general pay anywhere near that).

3 Likes

I think we should help people who gets into this situation and hopefully next time they have more experience dealing in their next lease.

3 Likes

i agree. WE need more people like dotmike24 who is man enough to help someone out. May God Bless you mike.

I don’t get joy from reporting poor leases; it needs to be brought to this thread as a cautionary tale for people in the future.

However, there’s a difference between “innocent” and “uninformed.” When people walk into a dealership they are going to try to squeeze every cent out of you, and they prey on the uninformed. Some people have to learn the hard way through experience, and unfortunately for you, you learned the hard way.

@dotmike24 There no real way to help people after they’ve signed the contract. Maybe have a pity party but in reality they are adults who willingly signed a contract that spells out everything. We can help before the signature hits the paper, but there’s not really much we can do after the fact. Hopefully they can learn how to better approach what is usually one of the biggest financial commitments that people undergo (aside from a home mortgage) and be a bit more prepared next time.

5 Likes

but in reality they are adults who willingly signed a contract that spells out everything

I’ve heard that after 2008 debacle and in every lawsuit thrown around people scream they were uneducated victims and didn’t understand what they were signing. And government had to issue new rules how new mortgage (and other) loans document should look like so that such consumers would better understand.

Agree completely, big difference between uninformed and innocent. It’s on an individual to handle their finances. If my AC unit breaks down, I don’t expect the guy milking me on a new one to be the individual that educates me on it, that’s on me.

I get the sense that the Pilot leaser walked into the dealership with the mindset that they were going home with a new car; that spells disaster in almost any circumstance if you haven’t already been in touch with the dealer and knew what you were walking into, which prob isn’t the case here.

You learn best from experience, use the lesson for your next car. My 6 year old lost his Nintendo Switch a month ago, he was miserable for a few days afterwards and has now gotten over it, although still bummed. I ask him everyday; “what did you learn?” He responds, “I need to be more careful with my things and know where I put them, and put them in safe places.” I’ll continue to drill this lesson home until maybe his next birthday when I’ll get him a new one.

Know what you’re walking into, know the numbers, know the incentives, know the going market and hackr rates, and be prepared; lesson learned.

A good percentage of dealers will fleece you if you’re uneducated, while there are some good apples out there, there are more than enough landmines too. This is a community that won’t be fleeced.

8 Likes

Maybe it’s the privilege of having the means and wherewithal to just say no talking…

But one should never shop when you need or really want a car. I turn off all emotions when walking a deal through. Unfortunately for most this is a hard ask.

5 Likes

2019 Kia Stinger GT AWD.

I just saw a commercial for a G90 but didn’t get a chance to take a picture. They said it was $689 a month with “only” $8,089 down, so effectively over $900 a month!

Never shop at the grocery store when you are hungry…It is best to go after you have just left the all you can eat Golden Corral buffet and the thought of food is revolting🤪

3 Likes

Or live near markets and shop fresh. Heheh.