World of car detailing?

Rinseless wash is very satisfying! If lots of brake dust probably best to spray with wheel cleaner, scrub, then rinse. You can ONR the rest of the car. If not too bad I’ve just used my rinseless wash (with a separate microfiber towel just for wheels) then dried it and it’s passable.

Two questions:

1. Do you sprits onto the panel or onto the cloth (I assume if cloth you spray again when you head to new panel)?
  2. Do you do this after each ONR wash?

Yeah in hindsight I should have gotten the ONR with wax but it is what it is.

I’m considering just going to a local self wash next time just to pressure wash the wheels and apply ferrex there.

I really, really find it grimy and nasty and don’t want to clean wheels or engine. But my kid comes out of the car seat and loves to touch the wheel which is always just a disaster. I can’t invest in a pressure washer unfortunately (first kill’s suggestion), ONR on microfiber towel barely did much since it’s gross, and looking for fast and easy here. I saw some folks apply hyperseal after which makes it easy to clean though in future.

Those specialize soap/spray bottles for brake dust gets expensive quickly. Soap with a baby bottle brush or toilet brush is as quick and cheap as you can get without getting your hands full of grime.

Waxing the wheels just delays the inevitable but if you do it frequently it may be possible to make the wash easier.

Oh and since you use ONR

You can make a concentrated spray bottle full and use that as a pre treatment for bugs/grime/bird crap. Works well and easier than keeping bottles and bottles of random stuff

Same ratio as the clay lube?

Anything I can do to have a simpler set up I would prefer. I found an optimum forum and they talk about separate cleaners for stains, minerals, metal, etc. and I just don’t have that passion. Or maybe it comes over time but I’m so far from that.

Agreed. It gets a bit much. Yes same as clay lube is enough for fresh gunk. Anything caked on and baked by the sun will take elbow grease.

Because of brake dust there isn’t a short cut for the wheels without a power washer or big volumes of water. A spray bottle with dish soap and a cheap brush will clean the exterior and between the spokes but not the inner barrel. I haven’t found a good way to rinse it without a bucket or water or hose.

1 Like

Ok so I’ve learned that tree sap is a nightmare to remove, onr does nothing for that and now have purchased a pressure washer. Guys this thing is fun as hell. Screw the drought, the nasty looks, I spray my car with an onr mix and it cleans the tires too. Best 90 bucks I’ve spent in a long time. Also if anyone wants to know, the new formula hyper seal is great. A few spritzes and you’ve got super shine.

1. never park under a tree, rather deal with a hot car than SAP.
  2. welcome to the detailing rabit hole, next will be a foam cannon attachment, then a bucket full of random brushes/interior brushes
  3. you know your serious when the leaf blower comes out

Foam cannons just make things fun too

FWIW, 70+% alcohol wipes, which you might already have in the car these days, works wonders on tree sap. Need a soppy wipe, soak the sap a bit, then begin to ‘pull’ it up and away form the surface rather than wipe. Once removed, safe to wipe, but follow up immediately with a soapy wash and detail spray.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Spammers - [report them here]

1 Like

That was so cool! Next level OCD detailing.

1 Like

If you’re in Brooklyn or NYC go see my friends:

Can anyone advise on how to wash MB manufaktur selenite grey magno paint. I’ve read don’t use wax. I asked the manager at the car wash i go to and he said that does not apply to liquid wax and that the paint would be fine. I have a tunnel wash membership and i see a lot of luxury vehicles go through there. Any one have any advice? TIA

Maybe Chemical Guys Meticulous Matte Detailer and Spray Sealant and Chemical Guys Meticulous Matte Car Wash Soap?

Call CG first and see what they say though!

1 Like

Got a g63 and new Friends - pulling all
the Russian baddies?

has the same probability of being correct as a broken clock.

1 Like

I though CG was sacrilege in the world of detailing since they dont create most of their products? Autogeekforums (idk if they still require invites to join) might help.