Wording Emails for the Deal? [How To Negotiate]

:slight_smile:

9 Likes

:joy: thank you

1 Like

To me its like hostage and money exchange. Who has to sign first lol

When all else fails, lowball. Eventually someone will say yes.

Will they? The last few months Iā€™ve been completely ghosted by every dealer Iā€™ve attempted to low ball. Maybe I just havenā€™t low balled enough dealers :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Low-balling is a dangerous sport. I personally found that the rare acceptance isnā€™t worth the occasional credibility loss and perceived disrespect.

Sure thereā€™s a possibility Iā€™m just not that good at the sportā€¦

1 Like

I may have a fake email that I use specifically for low balling :no_mouth:

4 Likes

Chrishs200@gmail.com

6 Likes

Ugh did I accidentally low ball you too :thinking:

2 Likes

lol - No but you did blowout some dealer w/ EP monies some time back.

1 Like

Hah. Serious question - are you finding negotiating any differently recently?

Iā€™m beginning to feel like Iā€™m trying to sell THEM something. Very poor communication and almost no back and forth. More of a ā€˜hereā€™s our number, take it or leave itā€™.

3 Likes

Best prices up-front? The thing customer have wanted since cars were built?? How dare they.

5 Likes

It just sounds like no one wants to make a deal lately. Getting crap offers over and over. Gotta make those profits

1 Like

Best price is subjective.

What is best price for dealer is not necessarily the best price for me.

In this context I assumed best price meant the lowest the dealer will go before telling you to kick rocks.

A sale is made on every call. Whoā€™s buying?

Iā€™ve had a Sales Manager tell me in straightest face that MSRP is the best price. And I had to agree that in fact it was the best price for them.

Iā€™ve never been dumb or naive enough to ask for a ā€˜best offerā€™. Best is relative. Every dealer has a different cost structure and different business practices and different motivations.

Also not the guy above trying to get 24% and looking gift horses in the mouth.

Iā€™m running into walls negotiating what I consider to be very mediocre deals. Very reasonable counters are ignored, thereā€™s little to no follow up from sales people once I reject the initial offer, and Iā€™m left feeling like they must not really need to sell any cars or connect to any serious buyers. The auto market is sagging so the attitude Iā€™ve seen the last few weeks is surprising to me, thatā€™s all. Maybe itā€™s a regional thing or just the dealers Iā€™ve worked with so Iā€™m curious if anyone else has noticed a shift in the last few weeks/months.

3 Likes

Itā€™s the beginning of the quarter but thatā€™s usually something the manufacturer is more worried aboutā€¦ But yes, Iā€™ve noticed this too. Perhaps preemptive bracing for the usual end of year bloodletting.

1 Like