Wife Luxury Car: $500/month budget

Not sure if it’s been mentioned… I can’t think of any cars that compete with the Alfa for the money but I like driving fun cars :wink:

I believe is .212 or something. But the price isn’t bad because you aren’t paying gas. That’s the one thing everybody says when they ask how much I pay. Just factor in how much you pay in gas plus the car payment, it’s pretty much the same as the Tesla

Yup, if my back is not hurting driving a sedan, I’ll pick model 3 as my commuter car. If it breaks, they gave you a model S as your loaner. Definitely not a novelty here in Los Angeles. Model 3 is outnumbering Camry

3 Likes

A new civic that can outrun most performance cars, wish Honda made one of those

@TXCowboy get the M340!! No brainer
!!

1 Like

They did an incredible job on that face lift. Forgot you people are from Cali, so you’re anti Tesla lol. I’d say get a M340i with performance exhaust, it’s a beauty

1 Like

5k miles/ year. Dealer will love you.

Not anti-tesla, just think that from a luxury stand point, they don’t compete in their own price bracket. The money being spent is going elsewhere.

5 Likes

@Haufinator I’m not anti Tesla. I would get it in a heartbeat coz I get free parking at work and they just installed 40 level 2 charger. My back is just killing me. I’ll wait for the model Y. Model X is way over budget

2 Likes

How much gas does a person buy at 300 miles per month?

Maybe anti-Tesla isn’t the word. At least for me, if I’m buying a luxury car I want to be unique. So those cars wouldn’t fit me if I lived in So Cal since everyone has them

1 Like

That’s an extra $40 a month

Sounds like you need to car swap with her to spread out the miles, although not sure what your driving situation is. Or find 7500/yr lease

@Haufinator it benefits you a lot if you have a model 3 here is Los Angeles. The cool factor and availability of chargers plus incentives is unbeatable. Most companies offers free chargers here as well and super chargers are everywhere. M340 for me has everything for that price range g
for the OP’s wife. Not boring, super fun to drive and he can use it once in awhile while putting gas. Maybe once a month, get gas 50 miles away. Lol

1 Like

Approximately $25-$35 a month depending on where you live and your mpg

I hate to say it but I’m sure at those Tesla meetings years ago they knew they could add on a premium dollar amount to each car they sold factoring it into the price due to the “cost savings” of not spending money on gas. They figured since they aren’t spending $1500-$3000 a year in gas tesla can ask for a bit more for their electric vehicles, and so they did.

1 Like

And it’s not really $500/mo either…

It’s the same as buying a car and filling it up with gas. Just all bundled together

Uh, to get back on-topic… :wink:

Agree w/ who have suggested looking at a lightly used CPO. For that much $/month, perhaps you could even consider a German make + extended warranty (I assume you can get those on a manufacturer CPO?).

Perhaps a better question is what size vehicle would she like? What is her standard for luxury? Does she have a brand preference?

1 Like