Why no love for Lexus?

We have a 2019 XC90, which I assume has the latest Sensus? Sometimes, I start the car and drive off and the info screen is still all black. :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

All depends what one is after. Despite being a driving enthusiast who appreciates raw sporty stuff, the way I use my current ride is to slog up the 405 at 6 AM and then grumble about all the :poop: that bugged me all day slogging back down the 405 every day at 3:45 PM.

My 2019 ES does this duty impeccably, with Apple Car Play mostly mitigating the complete garbage user interface on the infotainment.

The adaptive cruise works reasonable well, the seats are super mega awesome, and for the money, I don’t think I could be more comfy / satisfied.

Now, if my commute was over the Ortega at some miraculous hour where it was empty, sure, I’d need a little more sport in my F Sport.

But, reality on reality’s terms, I got a fair shake on my F Sport when the $4500 incentive came out and the RV hadn’t plunged for the model year yet. (June of 2019)

Hey, everyone has different taste, needs, and tolerance for stuff that bugs them. There was a time I’d prefer to shake my fillings out with stiff suspension and exercise my calf with a puck clutch and no power steering. That youthful person now is old and pudgy and just wants comfort.

:bat:

1 Like

Does anyone know if Lexus has 6 month pull ahead?

Yeah, and Sensus still sucks.

Sensus has a lag issue. Takes forever to turn on and everything feels slow. However, I’ll still take that over the current Lexus infotainment. The new RX is supposed to have an updated Enform (which I haven’t tried) but last one I tried (2019 RX, 2018 IS) the touchpad controller was absolutely painful to use with no touch screen input AND the same glacier pace lag of the Volvo system.

1 Like

It takes a special man to appreciate their designs

1 Like

Still pissed? Get over it.

I like the Volvo infotainment and designs, was close to get one.

I personally like their camera resolution and the seats are nice.

But of course at the time coming from a Subaru my first impression was much different than the other posters.

The Volvo backup camera was bigger on the Mac screen and I liked that, the bmw is nice too, high res but imo it’s too small and the backup alert doesn’t make any sounds…

@michael this guy is moderating his own off topic posts

1 Like

Lexus really needs a redesign. Even their dealerships look like they’re from the 80s

Dude what is your deal?? This is getting really old. On every other thread I read you are attacking a moderator for one reason or another. Give it a rest.

4 Likes

That’s the thing about Volvo’s. The look is what I do not like. One of my friends got a Xc 90 and he is all about it. May look into it

Set aside Lexus desin, which is a subjective thing. Lexus drives boring, no fun at all compared to BMW. Its infotainment system also is outdated, and stupid in terms of navigating through. I think the best thing about Lexus is its quality. But if you always carry over parts for more than 10 years everyone can make reliable cars.

2 Likes

Wow! This is turning into Lexus bashing thread.
I didn’t realize that car enthusiasts hate the brand that much.
If I had one hundred thousand to burn I would buy me an LS, I must be in the minority :wink:

1 Like

I’ve always looked at Lexus as the copy cat of Benz, less sporty more old man cushy ride, compared to bimmer.(original LS such a copy) They’ve always been behind the technology curve, but to make it reliable they need to let the Germans take first crack at it, then they copy and simplify it.

3 Likes

To each his own, brother. If you enjoy it, all that really matters. I will say this, and it’s pretty widely known, that the engine is a quality one. I had a small lotus as a third car (weekender) 2007-2010. That little Toyota engine in there worked well. Probably will last forever

1 Like

What’s annoying about Lexus is the complacency and laziness. They built the LFA for God’s sake… They can obviously do better, but they choose not to because they don’t have to. There’s a reason why the Toyota badge is geometrically identical to theirs.

2 Likes

My new :taco: has Android Auto and adaptive cruise, they making that stuff standard like Toyota?

2 Likes

I’m glad to see Toyota finally entered the 2010s

5 Likes

Good question… The truck market is extremely competitive though. I haven’t checked on Lexus’ standard features in a while, but they seem to have their customers pegged pretty well. Lexus and Buick customers are actually pretty similar in age at the very least.