Why no love for Lexus?

So I have been on here for almost two years now. My current lease is about to end and I will be in the market for something new. I have recently been interested in Lexus’ and noticed that it doesn’t get as much attention on these forums (relative to say BMW/Audi/Benz). Whats going on here? Do they not lease well? Looks like Lexus has some decent support for march. Any ideas?

Lexus cars can be decent or even good lease deals. But it’s easier to score a seemingly better deal on a BMW just because of their lease programs and inflated RV and sometimes huge incentives.

Also, I suspect people perceive a higher image on the German marques.

If you can get 10 - 11% ish percent off MSRP on a Lexus and a decent incentive or two their MF is usually approachable and MSD are an option.

Depending where you’re located, we have some brokers on the forum.

:bat:

5 Likes

Maybe because they are ugly and boring to drive? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

17 Likes

It’s not without reason that I refer to our RX as a sport utility coffin.

12 Likes

What did you say?

7 Likes

Do that with a bat on an ES 350 And you’ll have a glimpse inside my demented soul.

2 Likes

I’m surprised that Lexus’ can lease as well as they do. Given their demographic has traditionally been uhm, ‘older’ who tend to finance/cash purchase they could probably still do okay with a crappier leasing program but good RV’s help and it’s good for us hackrs!

1 Like

The deals I have seen on the forums, always has a ton of upfront costs. I am sure i can work out a deal where everything is rolled in, except for the first month.

I still have a couple months and so will continue looking. Was leaning towards BMWs but drove a LS recently and I liked it.

Deals can be structured however the lessee wants. Don’t get confused thinking the structure matters. The overall cost, or effective monthly is what I would look at for comparison.

The dealer will be happy to set up your lease with zero down or $10k down, it’s up to you. It’s risky to make a huge down payment on a lease, as that money disappears if the car is totaled or stolen.

Do some more learning, or hire a broker, would be my respectful suggestion.

2 Likes

People harp on infiniti for not spending on innovation, but Toyota and Honda are just as guilty as Nissan. Acura, infiniti and lexus are all lacking compared to German and Swedish competition

11 Likes

To me it’s personal preference. If you like driving a Lexus and can get a good deal then spend the money on what you appreciate. It’s your car and your money.
I have both a BMW and Benz and have been loyal to the brands for about 20yrs… I like them. Some people think it’s crazy I spend that much money on a car and are happy with their Kia. I think it’s crazy they spend $10k on a 10 day vacation but if that’s what makes them happy and they perceive value in it, then have at it.
However, overpaying for a car on it’s actual cost value based on the market, incentives etc is a different story. That’s what we make sure we don’t do when leasing. Learn up about it and post your numbers when you have them. Shop both Lexus and BMW and see where you find the most value and better deal. A $50k Lexus might not be the same as a $50k BMW in too many ways to list but I think you can get my point.

3 Likes

I have never seen what I would consider a good deal when it comes to Lexus. You’d have to want the car rather than the deal, which is not really an idea in this forum’s wheelhouse.

1 Like

I’m probably one of the few people that really like Lexus and their current design language, but their infotainment is such garbage that I can’t consider a Lexus until they fix it. It’s something you have to interface with pretty much every time you get in the vehicle, so I can’t ignore a bad infotainment setup.

2 Likes

You know, Volvo also makes nice cars that lease really well. But if you like the looks of Lexus then I don’t think you can appreciate Volvo’s designs :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I saw the trend and it was a sharp decline in Lexus sales in 2019. I stopped brokering them because no one wants their sedan, and the RX and GX are so old even with their facelifts. The LX will sell but dealers want to make money off them so they don’t even discount those that much.

It’s not for the LH peeps

6 Likes

Make sure you don’t get a Volvo then. I can’t wait to return the XC90 and go back to whatever Lexus has in 2 years.

Seriously?

I know Sensus in the slightly-older Volvos had a slower CPU, and I’m a heavy infotainment user who is hypercritical: once maybe every 2 weeks I have to stop and open the car door to reboot it. Functionally Sync3 was the best system I used but I had to factory reset once a week. The VW system in the 2016 GTI crashed weekly.

Do you dislike the interface, or the lag?

Yep. My biggest gripe is Volvo’s implementation of the reverse and 360 cameras. Terrible angles and so dumb how they don’t show multiple views at once. It takes forever to get to the 360 view.

1 Like

Which is instant on my 2019 XC60 but I’ve seen what you’re talking about. And agree on the angles.