Why don't brokers post 0 DAS deals?

haha… i set myself up for that, didnt i

1 Like

Eh, we can agree to disagree that it complicates a deal. The math is pretty simple.

Posting a 0 DAS is also never going to be the same because every dealer and state is going to have a different fee structure. $0 DAS for dealer 1 at zip code X may yield a different monthly for dealer 2 in zip Y for the exact same vehicle and same discount.

The calculator makes it really easy to take any brokers numbers and adjust them to your preferred structure.

2 Likes

WTF is so hard about clicking 0 DAS on the calculator?

2 Likes

nothing. its more about all the deals looking different on the same car.

DAS + Total of payments / term = payment with just first DAS

Yes but the drives off 2.5k that I see are excessive and that isn’t the tax. They include acq fee which I personally think should always be rolled into the payment (yes even if you pay a little interest on it).

1 Like

First month payment + acq + dealer fees + DMV + taxes on those fees. It’d be one thing if they were hiding cap cost reductions like every manufacturers programs do.

Again I don’t see the value in paying interest on those fees - “investment” returns on 2k are going to be fairly low especially if you have a car with a higher money factor.

Similarly if you lease a car and ever need to transfer, you’ve raised your monthly to a point where it’s now un-attractive if you need to swap you’ll just be sticking that cash on top at the back end.

As you said though this is your personal preference and all the brokers are super open. Comparing brokers who structure their deals that way is easy from my perspective. I never had an issue cross shopping deals when we just leased our vehicle.

Pricing it tax tags fees upfront makes sense bc theyre variable by state

Pricing it with $500 or $1000 down plus tax tags fees is purely marketing to make the lease look cheaper.

1 Like

What is the point of artificially making a 36 month lease 35? I personally believe every lease should be 1st payment up front at minimum. Why anyone would want to pay interest and sales tax twice on the 1st payment is something I’ll never get. Reg should really be paid up front too but, whatever I’ll compromise :blush:

Also, I believe one should really compare leases via calculating the total cost over the lease term not by just looking at payment vs payment.

1 Like

That’s a lot to ask when 78% of working adults can only budget 1-4 weeks at a time.

1 Like

I put nothing upfront bc I will likely never take my vehicles to term. So that’s just one more free month I get to drive it.

1 Like

Exceptions to every rule :+1:

Agree 100%

Some people advertise a Volvo for $400, but if you do zero due at signing after everything including broker fee, you are effectively paying $600 a month. That’s not a cheap price anymore.

Almost all the brokers try to get the lowest monthly number possible on their post, so it’s getting crazy. It’s like the ads from dealerships $99 a month ++++++

I think all post should have every possible fee included in the monthly payment, just not the tax and registration, since that is different by state, but everything else should be included.

1 Like

I disagree with that.

Brokers in general do not post any CCR.

They post ads with MSDs and Upfronts DAS at most.

Because this is a BMW heavy forum, BMWs are priced with loyalty included.

1 Like

It’s a risk/reward thing. The interest cost in rolling those fees in with a low MF are very low. The money lost if the vehicle is totaled up front is very high. Low risk, high reward.

1 Like

You forgot dealer fees that are also different, sometimes even in the same state (ex: VA). In any case, it’s not a rocket science to divide DAS by 30 on 36 months lease (or 27, to be precise) and add the amount to the monthly to get good idea.

1 Like

Who here wants a $0 DAS lease that is $399 a month on a 2020 Bolt EV? Sales Tax/DMV fees and your first payment need to be paid. Dealerships will raise the selling price to compensate for those costs. So… you still will pay for them plus the tax on the selling price going up along with the finance charges on the 3-year lease. In my opinion $0 DAS is click bait for the new lease signer. “Total out of pocket” amount (Due At Signing) and payment before tax should be the true measure of a Lease deal. :nerd_face:

But its not $399 - Signed: 2020 Chevy Bolt Premiere - $234/mo - 0 DAS

My last lease was a volt - $279/ 0 DAS.

It was a silly question to begin with, but at least it’s been answered. No need to go back and forth a 100 times on why one person prefers one type of advertising over another.