Why do Nissans seem to have the best lease deals?

Last paragraph of my original post. Sub 300 lease deals with 0 DAS, is Nissan the only manufacturer that can provide keyless entry, push button start, apple carplay, remote start and power liftgate?

I’ll gladly take a Volvo in that price range, who wouldn’t?

One of the brokers here has had some v60ccs that satisfy those requirements, if the incentives line up right for you.

1 Like

I browse the South Marketplace to look at broker deals all the time but I haven’t seen that. Which broker? Is it Benedetto? I have his info bookmarked. I’m considering his services when it gets closer to December when my Challenger lease is up.

1 Like

I think it was either him or @Bostoncarconcierge, but I could be wrong.

I just rented a 2019 Nissan Sentra from Hertz for the past two weeks. First time driving a Nissan. The first day, I took it back. The car handled so poorly I was sure there was something wrong. I mean, a 2019 car couldn’t possibly be that bad, right? It literally had worse suspension and comfort than a NYC taxicab, and that’s really saying something. So I took it back and they gave me another 2019 Nissan Sentra - and it was exactly the same.

I walked away from that rental knowing that Nissan is one company I’ll never lease or buy from.

4 Likes

I’m searching for a 360 overhead birds eye camera in a big vehicle for the lowest possible lease price, so that’s brought me to Nissan Murano, Nissan Rogue, and Toyota Tacoma. So I’m looking for different things than OP but it’s led me to Nissan too. Please let me know if you know a different SUV with 360 overhead birds eye camera under $400.

This is an under appreciated issue for Nissan. Changing culture in a dealer network is incredibly difficult. See Hyundai which has been working at it for 15 years. Any turn around plan almost certainly has to involve making their dealer network more attractive for higher income customers.

Mostly this is right. There is inherent variability in complex machines. There will always be specific machines that just have bad luck/weren’t built well.

But…there is a balancing act. Ford knew it’s dual clutch transmissions were bad and continued to sell them in the Focus and Fiesta. FCA knows about it’s quality control issues and continues to Alfas and Fiats with many issues. You don’t want to sell unreliable cars since warranty and lemon law claims are expensive. But if you can’t get quality control right you don’t really have a choice since simply not selling vehicles isn’t an option.

1 Like

Look at broker offers for Demo XC90s. I have seen them under $400 if you qualify for rebates.

I understand a Nissan at the $300 MP, but I am a bit confused at the $400 MP.

1 Like

I have owned 2 Nissans and an Infiniti in the past. My experience is this:
Throughout the 90’s, Nissan was making incredible cars. Reliable, fun to drive cars. Problem was, they were so good that Nissan wasn’t very profitable (low margins). Around the time the merger with Renault happened (1999 I believe), some severe cost cutting took place which resulted in cheaper, less durable parts, all in the name of increasing margins without inflating price. (It was so bad that they eventually faced lawsuits for the use of cheap, unreliable parts). Although that ultimately saved Nissan from the brink of bankruptcy, it sucked the life out of their cars and they began offering unreliable shitboxes.

Fast forward to today - Most of Nissan’s R&D budget has gone to developing/incorporating useless technology (steer-by-wire, variable compression engine) - essentially tech that nobody cares about. As a result, their cars are horribly outdated.

So long story short - In order for Nissan to remain relevant in a sea of far superior brands, they’re having to offer deep discounts (which incidentally makes them a great choice for rental car companies).

Also, is someone seriously comparing Nissan to BMW? People don’t typically cross-shop the two…

Nissan lease on a pathfinder has a money factor of .00003 which is .07% interest. on a 40k pathfinder lease the rent charge came out to 58.19 for a 3 year lease. I got a Pathfinder Rock Creek tech package, under 400 a month just 1st payment due at signing. everything rolled in 12k a year. Honestly suprised how quiet and smooth the pathfinder drove compared to explorer, and other trucks in its class

Why do Nissans seem to have the best lease deals?

According to who? Haven’t seen anything on here lately that would make me brag about Nissan.

4 Likes

Can"t we just hack Fart Cars and all get along. :grinning:

4 Likes

3 Likes

Why would anyone come in here and brag about a Nissan lease? Clearly this place hates on them, LOL. Like ArmaanOG just said above, you barely have to negotiate to get at or under the 1% rule on these things.

Except (and he’ll probably kill me if he sees I linked it): Please evaluate good deal or not? Sentra SL

1 Like

Do you think you’ll be happy going from a Challenger Scat to a Rogue or Altima? Seems like quite a leap. You may want to look into something that’s fun and somewhat practical. I don’t know if I could make that move down to an Altima or Rogue from a Challenger. If you can, you must be a better man than me…lol

1 Like

I think I got to this before @mllcb42, but in this case the 1% rule is meaningless in this case. Though there are times when it can be used as a metric, comparing leases between manufacturers via the 1% rule does not make any sense.

This is especially the case for Nissan, where you sure to find a good discount on any mainstream car they are selling.

If you really want a Nissan, try to LH an Infiniti. Twin-turbo V6 and lots of incentives to be had.

I disagree

I had a 2000 Maxima 5 speed on a 3 yr lease way back when and I loved that car! It was a dang fun car and quick at the time. I ran a 14.3 @96 with it with just an intake and downpipe.

But…to your point…havent had a Nissan since…

Of course I won’t be happy going from a Challenger Scat to a Rogue or Altima. Like I said, it’s going to be my first car appliance. I’ve always had fun cars.

This is why I’m thinking about this over half a year early. Right now I’m all over the place.

What I really want to do is purchase a Charger Scat, but after leasing, I don’t think I can go back to owning. There’s just something about driving a leased car and that carefree feeling.

Before I leased my Challenger, I owned my cars. I couldn’t bear to park my cars near anyone so it doesn’t get dinged, etc. On top of that, my last 3 cars have been hit, and even though they were not my fault, the value takes a hit. With leasing, we don’t have to worry about its value.

This is why I’m leaning towards leasing a disposable car appliance vs owning a Charger Scat, or even buying a used Cadillac XT5. I can put 20k down on a new Scat and be at the 300/mo threshold, or put close to nothing down on a used XT5 and be there as well, but the caveat is that I will have to care for them, and not have that carefree feeling.