Why do Nissans seem to have the best lease deals?

The lease on my Dodge Challenger Scat is up in December. I’m starting to look for good deals to replace it. We have a kid now so I think I’m gonna go with 2 cheap leases vs a fun lease for myself.

I’ve been leasing Nissans for my wife since 2011, and they seem to have the best lease deals compared to the competition.

I’m looking for either a Rogue or Altima. Wife currently has a 2018 Rogue SV AWD for $286/mo $0 DAS a year and a half ago when we were still in NY. Here in FL a similar deal or maybe even cheaper can be had for an Altima SR or Rogue SV.

I’d rather lease a nicer SUV/crossover for myself like maybe a CX-5 but nothing compares to what Nissan offers.

My only requirements are keyless entry, push button start, apple carplay, remote start and power liftgate. Are there other manufacturers I’m missing out on? Is Nissan really it for sub 300 lease deals with 0 DAS?

1 Like

You get what you pay for.

16 Likes

There are other manufacturers that you CAN get sub $300 mp $0 DAS deals on. It just takes some work to do so. Not an apples to apples, but an example is my Volvo S60 with $0 DAS and $299 MP with only Volvo Allowance on it. It did take some negotiating and the deal is probably not going to get replicated without loyalty, but it can be done.

Nissan is lower in price because they have to discount the cars to make their aging lineup more competitive. Also, you may have some rebates that you qualify for that you would need to look into for other manufacturers and/or loyalty.

How are you approaching getting these offers? It sounds like you are asking for dealer quotes, but I do not want to make any assumptions.

You’re not looking hard enough

Day old bread is always going to cost less than the fresh stuff

I’m sure you’ve heard people talk about the difference between cheap food and the best cheap food. There’s a difference between the cheapest pizza and the best cheap pizza.

Most LHs I find want either the best cheap pizza or (in my case) the cheapest best pizza. Here we are discussing the cheapest pizza, which is the picture on a box of frozen pizza that was left out in the rain.

4 Likes

I think nissans are great cars. Even the base models come fairly equipped. People just hate on them because they don’t have a German logo on the grill

Have had several BMWs and several Nissans… BMWs have all ended up in the shop… Nissans, not an issue once

1 Like

If we’re evaluating based on personal anecdotes – none of my BMWs ever ended up in the shop. Never had an issue once. Although this is a fun exercise, I wouldn’t say it’s particularly useful for comparing cars :laughing:

5 Likes

In 25 years of driving I leased a GTI for 1 year, no other german cars.

I think I’ve driven every Nissan model made in the past 10 years, primarily as rental cars but on other occasions. I don’t like Nissans because I don’t like Nissans - not because their CEO is a fugitive, or their product refresh cycles are slow and late (though it contributes). There are nicer cars for the same money and there are cheaper cars. There are cars I like less, but there is no Nissan out I’d choose to drive a second time (maybe the new Leaf? Maybe).

2 Likes

Just the GT-R. I’d double dip on that that bad boy.

I mean, like any 16 year old boy I’d gladly wrap one around a tree or phone poll. I would never want one in my driveway with my name on its registration.

What ever bad reputation Kia dealers have, I find Nissan dealers to be as bad or worse. I would not want to even drop a GTR off for service

1 Like

Err, I hate on Nissan, owning a Nissan, for the reason that their long term reliability is, sceptic as best. I’ve had my car in the shop twice to check the CVT, so I wouldn’t call them angels.

1 Like

I’ve had 5 BMWs from 1999-2011. Each one spent a significant amount of time in the shop, but I still enjoyed them. After I ditched them and started leasing Nissans for my wife, I never had to replace another major part such as an alternator, water pump, radiator expansion tank, control arm, etc on a car ever again.

2011 was also the year I bought a Subaru WRX, a 2015 Mustang GT after that, then leased the first car for myself, and my favorite car I’ve ever had, a 2018 Challenger Scat Pack.

Now that I’m no longer going to have a toy car and moving to a car appliance, I’m looking to get the best deal with the features I’m looking for, and most cars these days have those features (remote start, keyless entry, push button start, backup camera, etc) and I’ve never been disgusted with any of my wife’s 4 Nissans to the point of not considering them.

This will be the first time I’m going to be driving a boring car appliance in my life, so I’m looking for other options, however Nissan seems to have the cheapest leases out there, and nothing compares, so it’s frustrating.

1 Like

That’s the beauty of leasing though, who cares if the CVT gives out, it’s not our car to worry about.

As someone who leased three lemons, two which were bought-back: you won’t see me shopping anything that is especially unreliable. Because getting it fixed, or building a case for a buyback requires a lot more interaction with service/the dealer.

1 Like

People hate on them because Nissan hasn’t made a compelling mainstream product in 15 years.

5 Likes

I would argue the new Altima appearance wise looks better than a 3, 4 or 5 series. More aggressive and appealing to the eye. Nice big touch screen as well

1 Like

You can argue that until you’re blue in the face. It’s a miserable product and will probably die when the rental car companies go bankrupt, taking 80% of their sales with them.

11 Likes

You’d be the only one I know to make such an argument.

5 Likes

That’s why I would never buy a Nissan, but leasing is fine. My wife’s 2016 Altima SR CVT was making the car vibrate during Thanksgiving week one year. I was concerned about not getting it back on time before we went on our annual Thanksgiving trip down to FL.

She dropped it off, they gave her a loaner, and off she went. 1 day later they had it back to her. I spoke to the Service Writer when we picked it up and told him how surprised I was that he was able to turn it around in one day. He said that they have one guy that’s dedicated to servicing CVTs and that’s all he literally does all day.

There’s no way in hell I would buy a Nissan with a CVT, but like I said before, leasing has no risk. They either fix it, or replace the car if they cant.

I agree, that’s why I’m considering the Altima even though I want a power liftgate SUV/Crossover