Why do Nissans seem to have the best lease deals?

Slap a BMW logo on Altima and it would outsell any of their models at the same price point. BMW redesigns have been very subpar and backwards in my opinion.

Again just my opinion as everyone has theirs.

But there is no doubt, the white and blue emblem impacts people’s perception of the look of the car.

Hell, Mercedes are by far uglier than BMW but still get that “prestige” badge even tho they are hideous.

Been there done that with the badge whoring. It’s when I started leasing car appliances that I realized that cheap cars these days have lots of tech in them. Carplay is basically standard on everything, and the Altima has LED headlights… My wife’s Altima SR LED headlights were better than any of the HIDs I’ve had in my Bimmers, WRX, Stang and my current Challenger.

1 Like

So get an Accord that doesn’t suck the life out of the occupants

2 Likes

That’s actually a good recommendation. Seems like the Accord Sport pricing is similar to the Altima SR.

Edit: except they decided to not include remote start in the sport trim

Were they in or out of warranty, if I may ask? (Just curious)

Yes they were

I get the sense you are a DiGiorno man. If so, you should 100% test drive all the Koreans (don’t lease super well but great feature value for money). You wife might love an upgrade to a Mitsubishi Outlander, which is VERY nice (a buddy of mine with 13 cars leased one as a daily and liked it so much he bought it out) and leases very well. Possibly an aspirational Genesis driver but the G70 leases pretty well. I could see a Civic/CRV or FRS/RAV4 couple. The Fusion leases well and perhaps the Escape is starting to depending on trim.

Don’t let anyone try and explain taste to you: the picture on the Sanyos are just as good as the Sony or Samsung.

There’s a ton of good cars you can get for cheap. Those CX30 deals are great and so are the Kia Fortes. Got a GT line forte for my MIL for 212 monthly on a 36/12. There are also some X1 or X2 loaner deals that look great

1 Like

I have had 3 bmws now, and 3 nissans (not all driven by me, I hate nissans!) Nissans are nice enough in the showroom- features are nice, seats are comfy, and usually have good mpg. So when u get a great lease on one, it seems great until they spend time at the shop for the POS cvt and else. My mother had a 2016 maxima that spent 2-3 weeks at a time in the shop, more than a dozen times. 3x cvt was rebuilt in a 3 year lease. Never have I (albeit over 3 year leases) had any issues with the bmws other than routine maintenance (which is free😊). To say a nissan is a better made car than a bmw is complete ignorance, but I’m sure it will be cheaper to fix since they’re so cheaply made to begin with.

my dad once delivered a pathfinder s for one of my clients and then called me and said that the world would be a better place if that pathfinder s was never built. sums it up.

8 Likes

Not sure they are the best lease but they get you from A to B and some of the features for a low price like remote start are great. Good luck on the hunt for a new one. Think I’ll switch to a taco/tundra next for the same money as my rogue.

My 5 series spent spent weeks at a time in service due to them not being able to find what was causing issues due to the computers in the cars. They are so advanced now, that finding the issue is harder than actually fixing it. With such complex computer systems in the car, it’s hard for the service to figure out what to fix and how.

After 3 return trips to the shop, I paid the negative to get out of it and moved on with my life.

They did give me nice loaners at least, equivalent to the same car I was leasing

Why didn’t you lemon it?

4 Likes

I don’t look at one manufactures being more reliable over another. It’s about luck. You might be unlucky with any brand with a lemon.

My dad had a maxima lease for 3 years and it was in a shop a lot in the first year. Same strut replaced a few times and then a recall on it finally then a recall on sunroof. Then he got a 2006 Audi A6 and had it for 10 years without a single issue.

I had a 2014 RRS Autobiography for 3 years without a single issue. Then went to a Volvo XC90 with few minor issues. Now have a brand new X4MC and window motor is blown. A lot of people say a Range Rover is unreliable but I didn’t have a single issue. My dad has many issues with a Nissan which is supposed to be reliable.

A manufacturer wouldn’t release a car if he knew it was unreliable. Things happen. Doesn’t matter if it’s a Nissan, BMW, MB, Toyota or any other brand. And the more technology and toys a car has the higher the probability of it having issues is. It’s the same with any technology these days.

4 Likes

This is just confirmation bias.

You’re not finding better deals than Nissans maybe because you’ve already predetermined that’s the outcome?

Clearly you like Nissans. A lot. Like an unreasonable amount of love for a company run by bean counters.

Like I said earlier, you’re not looking hard enough for better deals.

2 Likes

It’s leasing Stockholm Syndrome.

3 Likes

The laws are a pain in the ass. Needs to be in a certain number of days in a row. If it’s not it resets etc… etc…

I hade a wrangler unlimited about a year ago, spent 3 months straight in the shop and they still wouldn’t lemon it. Filed for arbitration and once I did that, Chrysler called me and paid off the remaining lease as well as gave me a check back for the payments I made. Made out pretty good on that one lol.

But the Beamer didn’t have the near duration of the wrangler. Just in the shop 3 times for 3 different problems in about 3 months. Lemon laws didn’t apply unfortunately. Luckily, I was only about 1k upside down to get out

No one winds up in a Nissan by choice. I’ll just leave this here.

8 Likes

While I don’t know what state you were in (and requirements definitely vary by state), this is not in line with my lemon experience or any other state that I have looked at the laws for. Did you ever talk to a lemon attorney or just try to explore it alone?

1 Like

A job dedicated to replacing a faulty part with a newer faulty part? Sounds miserable.

There are a lot of people on here are looking for the nicest possible car they can get for the price. A Nissan for $13 a month less than a Volvo? 9 out of 10 times people will probably choose the Swedish machine.

I guess the discussion can be split into two questions:

1. Are Nissans “good value” for their lease prices? Depends on what you are referencing, but sure. If the commuter car with a screen that does what all other “fancy” cars do is what you are going for, then you found the right car.
  2. Are you looking for a Nissan or are you looking for a car to fit under your budget? If your answer is Nissan, then negotiate a huge discount, add in incentives, check RV and MF on Edmunds, and post on the forum if you need any help. If your answer is the car under a budget, then you should go searching around the forum, as there are a lot of cars here that provide a better quality of life. A computer with a Core i3 can be really good with Word processing and checking email, but the qualify of life associated with the processing power of Ryzen 7/9 or Intel Core i7/i9 makes the experience a lot more enjoyable in the long run.