Why do I even bother…

“Life Grievances”? Say less bud!

1 Like

tbh, i tried with my last two leases. I have done over 20 leases all with dealerships and mostly by email/phone and I just sign and pick up the car. I establish right up front what I am looking to do, and inform them I am very familiar with how leases work. I just did a Hyundai Tuscon 2024, and it was done with this method. All my leases are sign and drive. Zero money exchanged. Just give me the lease price, and it also includes first month. SO I just picked up the Hyundai in CT, and have 35 payments left. Simple. I tried that on LEASEHACKR and got nowhere. What am I doing wrong here is my question? I will say at first blush they dont like that structure, sign and drive. My reasoning is that if god forbid the car was totaled, all that up front money is not recoverable

1 Like

I did that as well for a family member but they never appreciated it.
We’re both the same in terms of being giving to others. If there’s any concession we should be proud of ourselves in learning and applying.

1 Like

I have no idea how do you do that. Maybe you are the best speaker ever.

For example I checked jeep 4xe on jeep com and it says 300$/mo. So since there is no possibility to purchase through website I went to nearest jeep store. And they calculated 800$/mo. I said that i need 300$/mo as stated on website but they declined. So do i need to fight with them to get 300$/mo??? Call the police and report scam??

I’m glad you are good at arguments but I’m not

1 Like

No it doesnt.

You need to read the whole thing where it says $300/mo*

And the * is with $6000 due at signing before taxes, fees, and dealer add ons… which ends up being thousands more.

This is a common thing where people dont actually read the whole listing.

4 Likes

It has nothing to do with that. Start reading Share Deals & Tips in your spare time.

I have a buddy looking at a Chevy Silverado 1500 RST. Unfortunately, below is all the info I have. They refuse to email a dealer sheet, but something doesn’t add up.

MSRP - 65,249.00
Term - 36/12
MF - .00188 (got from Edmund’s)
RV - 64% (got from Edmund’s)
Incentive - $500 (got from Edmund’s)
DAS - $3000
Monthly Payment - $540

His current Chevy 1500 custom lease expires in may and he’s already over mileage, but somehow they’re willing to eat the remaining payment.

Any insight would be welcomed.

Is the RST is a '23 or '24?

Is there any equity in the 1500 custom? (i.e. what is the truck actually worth for trade and what is his cost) The trade can immediately skew the numbers, so the rest of the offer irrelevant right now.

Your buddy can start a new thread or you can take your own advice and stop helping lazy, entitled people who just ignore help anyway.

Either way a deal check is not what this thread is for.

2 Likes

I agree, but this isn’t where @roadrunner1659 put it.

Dealer is not “eating” remaining payments. He’s paying them somewhere in the deal.

1 Like

I’m waiting for a bait and switch when he walks in.

Lol why would Jon move a thread about an Silverado into this one?

It’s a 24’.

No equity in his current lease. He still has 5 months of payments and is already over his mileage.

I actually had him working with a broker here and their payment was near 600$ with inceptions DAS on a 55k RST. Unfortunately, the payoff is 29k and they were only able to offer 26k. So, he was more like 6k DAS.

Are you sure they are using GM Financial which is what Edmunds most likely gave? Obviously you’re making an assumption that they will offer a base rate deal. Def confirm that before your buddy goes to the dealership.

As already stated, no one is going to eat 5 payments, it’ll be baked into the deal somewhere. No need to go to the dealer to find this out.

How many miles is he over and what is the cost per mile overage? That very well could be his best option ( from a money / financial standpoint ) is to keep it another 5 months and pay the overage. Guessing he really wants a new rig, latest greatest tech, etc…

The Great Consolidator is merging one post about a friend’s deal into a thread by same OP about friend’s not taking his advice (nor ours since he’s still at it).

1 Like

Man, that guy is a great consolidator.

So I expect him to consolidate the 15 BMW iX threads next. iX is Deja Vu all over again iX.

I’m making several assumptions.

He’s already 500 miles over with 6 months remaining. Likely 6k over at 25 cents per mile.

That’s what I was going to say.

The irony is so funny… the thread is about how helping others figure out deals is a thankless exercise and then the OP posts about a friend asking about a deal.

Meme lounge better pick this one up! :slight_smile:

1 Like

His thread was moved here from ask the hackrs for some reason