Which soccer team do you support?

Man, I dont really celebrate and carry on when watching football on tv but that breakaway goal had me screaming at Mo he better don’t muck this up lol, then the relief when he scored​:hugs:, then seeing Alli come skating on his knees lol. If we do go unbeaten in the league this season, I think I’ll be somewhat annoyed at the 2 pts dropped at Old Trafford :smirk:

1 Like

Why? That goal will have no bearing on the season

Because that’s what it is to be a fan. A goal in front of the Kop to put the game to bed. I was shouting and screaming when it went in!

2 Likes

Agreed the final few mins plus stoppage time have me holding my breath in some games.

1 Like

A very rare choice in this land:)
Shakhtar Chempion

They have some really fun players to watch. It’s my secret weapon team in fifa.

Alberta Throw Rugs!!!

Yes they are not too bad in the last 15 years. Although it feels like a shadow of the former glory now. They got EUFA cup in 2009 with Mircea Luchescu.

Agreed, they have a pipeline I think to Brazil. I expected bigger things from Mkhitaryan when he came to the premier league.

Yep, the game is very different in PL compared to ukrainian league and even european cups.
I feel like Shakhtar’s alumni would get a better chance in Spain or Italy.
As of pipeline, I’m really impressed that the club is now making money. They got some stuggering positive cashflow in recent years. I do believe it’s the first major east-european club which is able to make money.

Yea Douglas Costa has been rumored to the premier league but Italy is perfect for him. Willian has flashes of brilliance but is on a unforgiving team. I really like Marlos and Taison, I constantly check in to see how the team is performing…Spend that money and make some champions league runs haha.

1 Like

We were under the cosh there at the end. A draw wouldn’tve been the end of the world but by winning it made a big statement that we were back at the top and Manure under our feet.

Mickey went to the wrong team. He would’ve fit in better at Pool unless he was already sick of Klopp and the Gegenpress from his time at Dortmund lol

“Being a fan” means different things to different people. For some people it’s more about the sport. For some people it’s more about the tribalism of their own in-group.

I disagree with regards to soccer. A true fan takes both into account. If you feel no emotion towards the team, you are not really a supporter in my eyes, and if you don’t understand the sport then I think the first point will be null and void.

:hushed: :grin:

Congrats Cityzens!

It’s a journey of several thousand miles and they’ve taken one step.

Barca believe that the letter of the contract applies to Messi’s free exit clause, ie the clause expired in June, and that Messi’s position regarding “the elongated season” is irrelevant to exercising the clause.

No one, not even MCFC, is going to pay the third party transfer fee of $700M euro

2 Likes

ESPN is even less trustworthy about soccer than any England’s tabloid. Naturally, Guardiola might have spoken to his former player and MC has means to pay him. But there is nothing even close yet.

true! speculations are even being made because of Aguero which is a stretch…