Which Japanese Performance Car Should Be Revived Next?

I wish for the S2000 but i just don’t trust Honda to do it right.

2 Likes

None. The only time anything gets revived is an attempt at some nostalgia circle jerk and has nothing to do with the nameplate in question.

The NSX going EV is quite exciting, but won’t be in my budget sadly, even with an inflated EV credit.

It’ll never qualify if the MSRP limit is applied

1 Like

FD RX7 as an electric sports car.

Toyota FJ… just kidding, mostly

3 Likes

Second this but not as an electric.

1 Like

There’s always some truth in jokes lol

With a rotary range extender in the spare tire well just for the sake of irony. Also it would be an FF*. :slight_smile:

*I assume RX-8 was FE?

Of course. Just look at the Defender and Bronco remakes.

I see that you put your faith in the Toyoda family…lol

The GC Impreza wrx. What the wrx/sti is today is a sad excuse

2 Likes

How about the Toyota 2000GT

Powered by an inline-six that produced 150 horsepower and mated to a five-speed manual transmission, the 2000GT was a hoot to drive thanks to its 2400-pound curb weight and 49/51 percent weight distribution. By today’s performance standards, it barely beats a modern-day Corolla from zero to 60 mph, with a time of 8.2 seconds.

Production: 1967–1970 (351 produced)

Only if …Toyota will probably rebadging another Subaru or BMW.

You mean like “Toyota” had done with the Supra…? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Pictures do not do that car any justice. I saw one at the Peterson Museum a few years ago it was a beauty.

2 Likes

& Toyota 86

I’m still not sure if I like the Supra or not. I feel this new Z is going to be the same way, without seeing it in person anyway. I’ve always been a big Z fan… I had previously owned a 350z & a 370z. Some of the most engaging, passion-provoking, cars I have owned to date.

if you like BMW Z4, you like the Supra if not you dont LOL

At least they are not rebadging another vehicle. I think it will take some time to grow on ppl just cuz of nostalgia will take some time to die down.

Two COMPLETELY different cars, or at least they should be. A Supra is supposed to be a Supra, period. That is why those cars were/are as popular as they are. That is until they released the BMW Supra.

I’m just not sure that I’m sold on the overall aesthetics of the new Z. Again, it could very well be a car that needs to be seen in person. Some cars just don’t photograph as well.

1 Like