Which is best premium CPO SUV to buy

Just adding another datapoint, a 2022 XC90 Recharge would come with the $4000 Used EV Rebate

Just make sure you are the 2nd owner for it to qualify.
And it’s has to be less than $25000, that’s the harder number to hit.

A 2022 XC90 Recharge definitely would not come with a $4k used EV rebate since these are nowhere near $25k… Fewer than 2 dozen 2016/17s are under $25k nationally… Also would need to be under $150k household income (if married)

3 Likes

Find a 2023/2024 Cayenne with a recent in service date. 4 years factory + 2 years CPO.

My other side of advice is to find the oldest <10k mile example out there that’s still under factory warranty. Then buy a Fidelity platinum warranty for however long you’d like.

1 Like

What is your budget?

11 posts were split to a new topic: Buying a used luxury vehicle from Carmax and their Warranty

Does any other brand offer a 10 year unlimited comprehensive warranty?

The irony of someone driving a 70 k vehicle caring about some cheap ev range to save on gas. No PHEV I’ve driven feels luxury (GC 4XE & CX90)

2 Likes

Never or rarely stopping for gas is its own luxury. And gas powertrains that aren’t very powerful sure could use some extra push from electric power.

Anyway I don’t see any point in paying 61k for a 350 instead of ~59 for a 450, but we can agree to disagree.

I actually do agree with you when comparing a loaded 350 to the 450 h. Just saying that the EV thing is funny on a 70 k car

I’m aiming 50-55K, maybe up to 60K max out of the door. But at the same time looking to get maximum features like adaptive cruise, panorama roof, surround view cam, heated steering/seats etc.

Pretty much any of the cars suggested here would be in your price range, especially for CPO. The features you listed are fairly standard to get in this price range (surround view might be the only one not super common).

Are there any other features that you want/need? Like cooled/ventilated seats, massaging seats, high end sound system, air suspension, heads up display, etc. That might move the needle a bit towards some cars over others.

Also a consideration is how many miles you drive per year, how long you plan to keep the car, and if you’re okay with higher maintenance costs.

Primary I want the surround view, panorama roof, adaptive cruise and heated seats/steering.
HUD isn’t a must. I drive about 10-12K/year.
I was seeing CPO X5s (2021) in the range of 50K, or a 2020/21 GLE. But Lexus and others went into 65+ (new ones)

Lexus is your best option when it comes to reliability for the long term. Down here in south Florida I seen a few TX models the new TX350 starts at $55K

And suddenly this thread became resourceful rich. Bravo!

• X5
  • 450h
  • XC90
0 voters

Id buy the lexus if I didnt get a warranty

I would buy a volvo if I bought the 10yr unlimited mile warranty (I drive 18-19k a year)

Why do u limit them into these 3 choices? I will put acura mdx, infiniti QX, Genesis g70-80, Benz GL, Jag F, Porsche Cayenne, etc.

To OP, Personally, if I buy used n will use them for awhile with that mileage/year. I’ll stay away from european n stick with Japanese one.

Those were just the popular ones with the thread above

1 Like

If buy the Jag, you have issues. The porsche is wayy more money I think.

I would love to own another genesis probably my favorite non performance vehicle

1 Like

:apple: to :apple: the Porsche is considerably more money.

Haven’t research used Cayenne price recently, but it’s known as very bad in holding their value, thus I thought it will be in op’s range. Maintaining it otoh is a different issue, thus it won’t be on my list.