Which is best premium CPO SUV to buy

I am looking to purchase a luxury/premium midsize SUV certified pre owned, perhaps 2020/21/22 models. Are recommendations on which one would be best in terms of price, depreciation/resale value and overall features. I guess all German brands like X5, GLE, Cayenne etc would be great but come with bad resale values. Lexus RX comes to mind as well. Any inputs on this?

Question is, why does it have to be used/ CPO?

1 Like

Doubt you’ll find a CPO that’s more compelling than a

2024 Lexus RX 450h+ AWD :electric_plug: :battery: at $4000 under MSRP + $7500 rebate and no broker fee

3 Likes

I was hoping to get used/CPO to get cut out the depreciating, or what they say ‘buy the sweet spot’.

Where is that? Would you suggest RX over any of the above ones for hr value/features/resales

When leasing stars align, new lease may be a better deal. Especially if you are flexible on brand and trim.

I am looking to buy/lease something by end of month. Lease incentives for premium cars don’t seem to be tempting at the moment but I am flexible

Volvo CPOs include 5 years / unlimited miles warranty

1 Like

Oh I didn’t think about Volvo. I’ll will look into it.
It is mainly about getting the best out of the value for money amongst all these luxury SUVs

This was in Marketplace in California.

No, they don’t. CPO adds 1 year on top of 4 year standard warranty. But one can buy 3 or 5 years CPO.

1 Like

How does that work with overall numbers. Do I buy out lease early or what ? Lease payments with this deal still come out around 1100/mo despite discount and 7500 rebate

Yes, on the RX, you should buy out the lease a few weeks after you lease it, as soon as your account becomes available on the Lexus Financial Services website. In this manner, you capture the $7,500 lease rebate that is not available on a straight purchase.

1 Like

Lexus CPO is the best in the business. New car warranty is 4yr/50k miles, CPO adds an additional 2 years with unlimited miles. You can also extend the CPO warranty for 5 additional years. Lexus covers nearly everything that isn’t a wear item (e.g., brake pads/rotors, rubber hoses, glass, chrome, trim, leather, etc), but it covers all suspension components. There are some 2023/24 RX’s available as CPO now.

Volvo CPO is 5 years/unlimited miles, or 1 year if outside of factory 4yr/50k. Can be extended for 10 years/unlimited miles from original in service date. They don’t cover things like shocks, but it seems like they’ll cover most other parts, including air suspension. You can get a lot of features on Volvos, but they are starting to show their age from a tech standpoint imo.

Infiniti, Mercedes, and BMW also have unlimited mile CPO programs, but from what I remember when researching the programs, they don’t cover as much and can’t be extended as long.

Had a 2014 GS350 that I sold last year with around 172k miles on it and 2 more years of warranty. Warranty covered rebuilding the sunroof (twice), rack and pinion assembly, water pump, axles, control arms, shocks, and a speaker. Now have a 2019 XC90 with unlimited mile warranty through end of 2028.

How much these CPO programs are worth really depends on how long you keep your cars and how many miles you drive. Unlimited mile CPO is worth it for me since we drive 30k to 40k miles annually

12 Likes

Lots of value in a 3-year-old X5, IMO. You can get a CPO one in the mid-$30s with subvented financing at 4.75% APR, and it’s not toooo different from the current X5, inline-six and all.

Here’s one scenario…

Out-the-door: $40,000
Interest (4.75% over 36 months): $3,000
Resale (after 36 months): $21,000

Depreciation: $22,000 or $611/month

9 Likes

Tell me more. That sounds intriguing!

Just leased a new Ioniq 5 over the weekend. Only 24 month though. Had my eye on the NX 450 as it’s the right size for me. RX was a bit on the larger size. And purchase price as well. Though I didn’t know the RX was being marked down already. My local dealer had a couple F sport models at $72K MSRP. Beautiful vehicles!

Yeah you buy it out within a month.

This is for people who were going to buy this vehicle anyway and this method gives them an extra rebate worth $7,500 less the acq fee.

Click on Marketplace for California or contact @Jeff_BeachCitiesAuto

1 Like

This is a great discussion of the relative merits of each CPO program.

But before getting into that we need to establish that buying a CPO offers enough discount vs buying a new one.

If you’re talking 2020s, those are now 4 years old :stuck_out_tongue: Nationally, there are only 4 CPO 2021s under $40k with majority mid $40s+

Definitely - Also, some will get a lot more value than others with the CPO program

The 2021 X5 CPOs are in high 40s/low 50s range those with maximum features.
I’m going to look into Lexus