Which is best premium CPO SUV to buy

Any RX deals in Midwest ? Apparently only California dealers have 4-5K off MSRP+Rebates on lease. CPO BMWs seem to be overly priced

I am in CA, so do not know about pricing in the Midwest. In CA, the non-hybrids and the plug in hybrids are being discounted. The non plug in hybrids are not being discounted much, if at all.

Yes the plug in hybrids are being discounted in CA.

Many dealers can ship

Just had a convo with a BMW sales manager about CPO vs extended warranty. Granted, the car in question wasn’t certified so that seemingly skewed his responses towards extended warranty. Basically, his logic was why spend $2K on cert for one extra year vs spending double but getting much better coverage (highly questionable IMHO!) for longer. Anyone wants to take a position on this?

And, BTW, CPOs usually cost about the same as used cars from other franchised dealers. So it’s just a nice perk.

1 Like

Thanks for the links. What I meant was the merits, or lack thereof, of CPO vs extended warranties. Per that BMW manager, CPO is basically a powertrain warranty that wouldn’t cover any electrical or electronic issues. Don’t think it’s correct though.

The gas Rx is also a good candidate. Both should have class-leading resale value.

CPO is equivalent to the “gold” extended afaik which is BMW’s second tier of extended warranty.

Platinum is BMW’s best extension.

Shopping around for platinum is arguably a better strategy than paying to CPO a car.

1 Like

With a 20 k delta I don’t see why someone would take the 450 H even after 11,500 in discount

Because the 450h+ comes in the fully loaded Luxury trim which is $61k on the 350h.

And you’re getting 35 miles electric range plus 24% more horsepower. Add HOV stickers if that applies to your state or the ability to commute with no gas expense if you have free charging at work.

The gas RX base model makes more sense for someone who doesn’t want all the options but once you’re at or above the P+ trim it starts to make less and less sense to not get the 450. Especially for someone who mentioned a GLE in their first post: getting a loaded RX vs a barebones GLE at around the same price point.

3 Likes

Just adding another datapoint, a 2022 XC90 Recharge would come with the $4000 Used EV Rebate

Just make sure you are the 2nd owner for it to qualify.
And it’s has to be less than $25000, that’s the harder number to hit.

A 2022 XC90 Recharge definitely would not come with a $4k used EV rebate since these are nowhere near $25k… Fewer than 2 dozen 2016/17s are under $25k nationally… Also would need to be under $150k household income (if married)

3 Likes

Find a 2023/2024 Cayenne with a recent in service date. 4 years factory + 2 years CPO.

My other side of advice is to find the oldest <10k mile example out there that’s still under factory warranty. Then buy a Fidelity platinum warranty for however long you’d like.

1 Like

What is your budget?

11 posts were split to a new topic: Buying a used luxury vehicle from Carmax and their Warranty

Does any other brand offer a 10 year unlimited comprehensive warranty?

The irony of someone driving a 70 k vehicle caring about some cheap ev range to save on gas. No PHEV I’ve driven feels luxury (GC 4XE & CX90)

2 Likes

Never or rarely stopping for gas is its own luxury. And gas powertrains that aren’t very powerful sure could use some extra push from electric power.

Anyway I don’t see any point in paying 61k for a 350 instead of ~59 for a 450, but we can agree to disagree.

I actually do agree with you when comparing a loaded 350 to the 450 h. Just saying that the EV thing is funny on a 70 k car