Which car brand/model do you hate so much that you wouldn’t even drive it for free?

Not Hondas?

Any non-Honda but ESPECIALLY deeply discounted Volvos.

4 Likes

Maybe a Subaru on Halloween.

9 Likes

Oof. I liked my Accord to be fair :laughing:.

1 Like

How did you forget pickups?

3 Likes

hits so close to home.

2 Likes

Land Rover vehicle of choice for 49er wives, all tinted super dark (including front window).

Where’s the third arm, long term reliability?

Hey… don’t you work for Chevy/Kia now :thinking:?

1 Like

Lol yes them too. Although they don’t seem to be a big issue on LI as far as I can tell. By the time I get to them, I most likely have already overtaken numerous of the self-righteous Tesla, Prius and other Cleanpass sticker crowd. To bring it back to the topic of discussion, I vow not to be one of them.

They’re really not as bad as people say, overall phenomenal cars. Just because I’m no longer affiliated with the brand doesn’t mean I have to trash it, will always love JLR :ok_hand:

I currently have a VW (my first). Reliability after a bit more than 1.5 yrs has thankfully been okay (::knock on wood::). I have the 6-yr warranty and do plan to get rid of it b/f the warranty, though, b/c of all the horror stories… It’s a shame b/c the car drives quite nicely, was reasonably priced (I purchased), and is thoughtfully designed.

Even if you could drive it for free??? I don’t like SUV “coupes,” either, but I’d happy to drive one for free…

1 Like

I’d ride a bicycle

Fixed for you

I thought about this question when GM had their crazy Volt loyalty rebate and I could’ve essentially gotten a Cruze Limited for free.

But at the end of the day, cars are an expense – even if the lease itself is free. You gotta pay to park or store it, insure it, etc. I’ll take a free car that I don’t like only if I could gift or monetize it (sell it for cash, rent it out on Turo, drive for Lyft, etc.).

7 Likes

Wife had a 2017 Lexus ES350 and loved it. 3 year lease, smooth as glass, zero problems. Took over a 2019 530i lease and loves that, too. Two totally different vehicles, obviously, but have to say that the driver safety features in the Lexus worked better, a little sharper overall. Also, as others have mentioned, the ventilated seats in the Lexus worked great, especially important when you live in South Florida. You could definitely do worse than a Lexus.

You couldn’t pay me to be seen dead in something as ugly as an X6

3 Likes

Often times on one lane road on the way to a ski hill, it’s either a super slow mini van in front or some 4x4 riding my ass, can’t win.

1 Like

Toyota hater, especially the Corolla, checking in.

1 Like

lol my thoughts exactly. Lexus and Toyota blind spot works flawlessly. My BMWs’ work whenever they feel like it.

3 Likes