Which car brand/model do you hate so much that you wouldn’t even drive it for free?

Hey Hackrs! Lengthy title but I wanted to see which brand/model of car the community loves to hate and why. Would love to see some great responses!

Range Rover…

2 Likes

I love a Range Rover while it has its warranty…out of warranty it becomes a good decoration piece for your driveway😂

A Nissan with a CVT transmission. The Hondas and Toyotas are somewhat tolerable, but the Nissan ones are terrible.

3 Likes

Unfortunately I’m on that boat LOL

1 Like

I recently drove a brand new one. Worst rental ever I had. I can’t believe that a premium brand can develop a product that bad.

1 Like

Nissan
Infiniti
Dodge

perfect cars for your 520 credit rating

4 Likes

You are forgetting Mitsubishi.

3 Likes

I seriously wonder how well a Mitsubishi leases due to extremely low demand. I’ve never heard anyone say “I want a Mitsubishi”

2014 Genesis 3.8 RWD sedan.

I hated that thing with passion. It had this steering wheel vibrations that’s really hard to explain. It’s like you never can keep your car straight, huge dead zone right in a center, always need to hunt for when steering connects to wheels, constantly making steering corrections to keep car straight. I’ve never experienced anything like that in my life ever again.

Two weeks after I took delivery I brought it back to dealer fully believing that something is broken. It spent few weeks at dealers, they even called for corporate representative to investigate. Verdict: nothing is wrong with the car, that’s how it is built.

I suffered thru 27 months of pain and misery and got rid of it 9 months early, eating around 4 thousands in payments and disposition. Best day of my life, the day I got rid of it.

4 Likes

F in the chat for this man…

1 Like

They don’t lease, they do a lot of financing.

@jeisensc has a cycle of Mitsubishi somewhere.

2 Likes

I love e46 but our relationship did not start well. My first was a 2000 323i and I lost reverse gear the next year I purchased it. It was not all the time but occasionally reverse simply did not engage. I drove it like that for months. Months later I sold it ( with full disclosure), I found out that it is a common issue in ZF transmission for particular years. There was even a dedicated website for it.

2 Likes

30 years ago I wanted a Eclipse turbo…

2 Likes

Nissan Versa - had it for a few years, put less than 5k miles on it. Won’t buy a nissan ever again.

3 Likes

It was not my best work. For Mitsubishi, building cars is a hobby, like Subaru was 10-15 years ago for FHI. I would probably choose a Mitsubishi over the comparable Nissan.

If I won any Chrysler product on a gameshow AND didn’t have to pay the taxes, I still wouldn’t take it.

3 Likes

One guy at work won some award and got a free 2 year lease of a first gen VW Touareg, I heard he wanted to give it back before lease end. Maybe they are more reliable now.

1 Like

Nissan Sentra and Versa. I am convinced a good driver never stepped into those cars. I became totally convinced when I hired someone who drove that car and the very next day she got into an accident where her Versa was totaled.

Hideous looking cars too!

3 Likes

They had popularity and a following, but that ship sailed 20 years ago, when they started on their current path to irrelevancy.

Now that they are part of Nissan, another winner, they won’t be around these parts much longer.

1 Like

Nissan
Infiniti
Chrysler
Dodge

I feel like the above is self explanatory.

But I also have no urge to ever own the following, free or otherwise, because they’re just too flashy for me and I’d be paranoid driving them:
Bentley
Rolls Royce
Ferrari
McLaren
Lamborghini

5 Likes