Which car brand/model do you hate so much that you wouldn’t even drive it for free?

GMC Terrain, I guess an equinox too but my experience is from a Terrain rental. It drove like crap and I felt like I was in the “club” sober midday. The inside was clean but it oozed sticky, felt gross, weird. Even weirder are the wheel arches that would fit 44” super swampers but have normal size tires.

1 Like

The Pajero, official car of Middle East Western expat moms. Ughhh. They still sell them like hot cakes and are almost exactly the same as when the Montero was sold here.

2 Likes

The last Terrain I had as a rental had a touch screen along with 43 buttons on the center console. One of the worst designs I’ve seen or used.

Yup. I had one as a rental car and holy crap what a pile that thing was.

But… but… that’s the whole Porsche concept! A button for every function! On the console, and overhead :joy:

1 Like

This. So much.

4 Likes

Any lexus. Lexus is what I would imagine purgatory feels like.

8 Likes

If Lexus is purgatory then Nissan is the ninth circle of hell.

6 Likes

Gtr? Hellcat? Demon? Viper?

I think the question is kinda unfair tbh, most manufacturers build at least one desirable model/trim in their stable, given the chance 100% of this community would want to drive any of those 4 cars for free.

With that being said the cvt is awful and so is the dart and journey.

4 Likes

At the top of my list is VW. I had two VWs many years ago. I had to dedicate a Saturday per month for repairs and never got the repair list empty. Even today, they are at the bottom of the list of reliability.
Next is GM. Some of the worst cars ever made were GM cars. They are doing better today but after having one GM car, I was cured of GM. Would not take a chance even on the “New GM.”
Last is FCA. They are neck and neck with VW on reliability.

1 Like

Subaru Crosstrek. My girlfriend had one and absolutely hated how it drove, how it sounded, and how it looked (pre facelift). Luckily, tons of people LOVE them and managed to offload a base (no blind spot/other safety features) 3 year old Crosstrek w/ 41kish miles on it for $16k trade in to Vroom.

Own a 2014 Lexus GS and lease a 2019 Volvo XC60 now. Much happier :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mitsubishi Mirage, Chevy Spark, cars that small. I am 6’ tall not the tallest guy but have trouble fitting in them. I had a nissan versa that I learned stick on and it sucked

1 Like

Coda EV
http://codacars.com/

1 Like

Not so much car brand as much as minivans in general. Hate them, and hate driving behind them on the highway.

1 Like

Infiniti QX30

1 Like

lol so you’re the asshole tailgating families, huh?

1 Like

Left lane = fast (passing) lane. Seems that rule is lost on many as soon as they get in the drivers seat of minivans, and Prius’ for that matter. But yes, I am that asshole. Welcome to NY :smile:

3 Likes

Maybe because as a kid I bought a '96 Altima SE with a manual and LOVED it, but I don’t mind Nissan.

On the other hand, you couldn’t pay me to get into a Honda. It’s plastic all the way down and the same CVT bullshit that everyone complains about (almost exlusively) on Nissan. So many rattles and squeaks, I hate their entire lineup. It’s like if Dennys had a car brand

2 Likes

X4, GLC coupe of any other ‘sports activity coupe’ that looks like a pregnant roach from profile view. Almost all minivans, any new lexus grille, fiat 500x, toyota corolla

2 Likes

Nondas…

2 Likes