Which BMW leases best?

I agree with @mp11477. Dealers cannot change the MSRP. If the dealer actually could but kept the sales price the same, that would benefit the leasee.

That was always my impression as well. I can pull the sheet straight from BMW, so I was able to compare them side by side on my phone. I don’t know what they were pulling, but the two 4 series I looked at the sheet was wrong. If I hadn’t been researching these things I probably wouldn’t have noticed it. I didn’t get a great feeling from the dealership and they didn’t seem interested in dealing on the used 428 they had, so I just moved on. It’s not like there’s a lack of BMW dealerships.

I still think it’s user error. Your build on BMW’s probably didn’t have all the options selected as the one on the lot.

Agree w/@Jon…BMW’s online builder isn’t one of the most user-friendly ones out there with regard to package additions/options.

No, I’m not talking just about final price. I’m talking they had like Convenience Package $1200… BMW lists it: $1100 and so on. If I punch in the VIN I can pull up what it’s supposed to be, their sheet was just plain wrong and I didn’t see this in Seattle. So, it could be some glitch, but they didn’t seem that interested in moving inventory so I wasn’t interested in hanging around.

As an aside my sister is the GM for Cadillac in Walnut Creek, CA… so I’m pretty familiar with the ropes and the ‘odd’ things dealers will do. I’m guessing it was just an error on their part, but I don’t trust dealers (sorry Sis), so when see something fishy and they don’t have an immediate answer, I just walk.

1 Like

You should corroborate and report it. Falsifying a Monroney sticker is surely a violation of some federal statute.

Would he then get the whistleblower badge?

I think you can report it to the FTC, it’s not worth my effort, but I will double check it in the future. Last year, I got an idea to look a Jeep and saw a $15K addendum sticker for a Jeep Trailhawk, so I ran off that lot. I don’t mind a bit of a haggle, but when you have like $10k for the “true market value adjustment” or some BS, I’m done. Most of the time I just email their internet sale person and ask for their price and breakdown.

This is probably the case

What a weird situation, I can’t see as to why they would even do that though? If they get caught that’s a major lawsuit and the benefit is so little. Something’s gotta be off.

BMW Bellevue is an AutoNation dealer - I highly doubt they’re doing untoward. Although my experience with AutoNation is that they don’t do crazy deals (with limited exceptions), they have always struck me as very above board.

No it really doesn’t make sense because we are talking about a couple grand and the blow back from BMW let alone the government would end them. That said dealerships make squat off of car sales now, most of their money comes from the financing side. That’s why I roll my eyes when friends talk about getting a “great deal” because they paid cash. I can guarantee they will flight for every penny they can, if you pay cash… unless you are buying a Porsche, because Porsche can sell MSRP and still clear the lot. Not to mention the option lists are insane.

BMW’s pretty simple, they rarely do kick backs on most models except 6 or 7 series. My perspective: If I’m willing to do a deal $2,000 back of invoice on a car during a lease then I’d just as well do it on a cash deal. Only time that cash deal process works out is at Mom & Pop dealerships that have had a car sitting for 6 months and really do need to get rid of it.

Thanks for clarifying that!

In our immediate area we’ve got what? 3? Bellevue, Seattle and Tacoma. With 2 further afield in Portland.

@BMW_Dave might be the play for me when we look at our next Bimmer. A deal from Dave and shipping it up here is probably cheaper than what the locals will do.

100% guaranteed, especially on new. Also worth checking with BMW Portland, as they go deeper than anyone up here. But even still, doesn’t hold a candle to SoCal.

They have quite a few retired loaners for with less than 2000 miles.

I’ve seen the 330 leases really well like $300/month

They will fight for every penny regardless

Paying cash can be a good option on cars that have no lease or financing support. Half or more of the demand (people who will only lease or finance) is gone. It becomes a better market for cash buyers.