Which BMW leases best?

I was also looking at the C46 coupe and GLA45 (yeah I know, not a lot of model type consistency in my car picks). I noticed that pricing and model selection was a lot better in Oregon, as someone pretty new to the area do a lot of people buy from Portland or Wilsonville, OR? There are a lot of ads on the radio and local TV, but it seems a bit of drive. In California, the dealerships have pretty aggressive policies against selling out of state or even between North & South. SoCal, has the best selection of cars (outside of maybe Florida)… although I’m not sure I would go so far as shipping or driving that far to get a ‘deal’.

I bought a Model 3 for my house in California, for which there are no lease deals available for. To be honest the Volt or Bolt would have been a better deal, but I’m a bit of Tesla fanboi. I needed something that could sit for months and still run when I got back without me having to remember to wire up a battery tender before I leave. Generally speaking I buy if it’s something I will modify or keep for a long time (Miata, Exige or 997), but for anything else leasing will get you a lot more. My current requirements are fun to drive, some luxury and can carry two kayaks or bikes on the roof.

So I emailed one of the dealers recommended on this board. Not exactly a good start : :confused:

This is for a 2018 330i previous loaner with 2,000 miles.
Question, is the 3000 cap reduction actual cash I pay at drive off or is it the bmw lease credit?

Oh… and I am not 16, lol . I’m 40 :laughing:

The $3k is a rebate. If you want a great deal, you need to qualify for more rebates (ie loyalty or grad) and be shooting for 20% off.

Thanks! What money factor should I be shooting for?

.00166 is the buyrate MF.

In this quote your DAS (due at signing) is 1840.xx i.e. the customer cash field

You have to fight for that and be in the right place at the right time. Saying it like that makes it sound like you can walk into any BMW dealer, pick a color and drive off with a 300/mo payment, which isn’t the case at all.

The 2 PDX dealers are Kuni Bmw(Beaverton) and BMW of Portland (downtown). Both of those dealers should be very familiar with licensing in Washington State and have not heard of any restrictions. Those are the closest options for Vancouver, WA and other folks in southern Washington. Have also heard lots of people on greater Seattle area find better deals there.

Are you in the Seattle area?

Yeah, I’m in Bellevue. I live between Bellevue and the SF Bay Area, I put off getting a new car for my Bellevue residence for long enough. Finding enough time to just go test drive the cars on my list is hard enough, so I will probably do everything sales wise via email.

1 Like

So is this just a dealer that some have gotten good deals from? You may want to try a broker instead. I suspect this is a dealer in Los Angeles?

1 Like

Yes, they are in Glendale . I gave them a reasonable counter offer and they did not accept… I will move on.

Try @BMW_Dave 2020200202

What counter-offer did you give?

I came back at $37000 which is less than 20% off which seems to be the norm for loaners… At least from what I have seen in the database

$37000 is actually slight more than 20% off. Not all dealers would or need to goto that number to sell a loaner.

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a Bmw lease special for either 5.40 or 7.40. I had two offers and need your opinions.
I need it from Nj but these prices from LA.

2018 740i

MSRP $94,965

Selling price $78,215

Drive off $2,200 (total down payment)

Rebate + Loyalty $2,000

10K miles per year

$993 Including Tax

Residual % .5500 Money Factor .0016600

2018 540i

MSRP $72,580

Selling price $65,885

Drive off $1,920 (total down payment)

Rebate + Loyalty $3,000

10K Miles per year

$790 including Tax

Residual % .6100 Money Factor .0016600

given that they’re new cars, it’s not super terrible, but nowhere leasehackr worthy.

I would recommend doing some homework on this site. look up other 740 or 540 BMW deals in the search bar =)

3 or 5 series lease the best! they have a 67% residual value for 24 months 10000 miles a year

What are new base MF numbers for loaners? Some dealers are emailing 0% APR on finance…