Where is auto market headed?

Nope can wait until December if need be.

I’d probably wait then. I haven’t seen any deals compelling enough to justify jumping into a new vehicle 6 months early recently.

1 Like

Yea time in on my side. Oh and FYI for all the other people out there wondering. I went to a local Audi dealership in Houston on Friday and they offered me 30% off a 2019 Audi A8 + 0% apr for 66 months within 20 minutes of me sitting in the car checking it out. Lets see what a couple more months can do.

2 Likes

The big differences are the salesman are commission based and can fired be at will due to absence of unions. They have no long term R&D, expensive machinery or ongoing maintenance costs. A dealership can shut down and fire everyone and depending on size probably only costs 100k or 200k a month to float. Even in closed states dealers also have service departments bringing in some revenue. This of course wouldn’t be possible with high interest rates but their floorplan costs are low due to the cheap money floating around right now. Meanwhile Ford and GM are burning through 130-150 million dollars of cash.

I’m an Obama fan but cash for clunkers was a lousy program. If Trump did something he would probably manage to make it even worse by taking away the only redeeming part of the program which was the MPG requirement for the new car.

Except that is not really true and that’s what is most galling about Trump’s plan. The automakers don’t even want the roll back. Businesses want consistency and predictability. Trump’s plan doen’t help them because it creates a patchwork framework that will likely change with the next administration. Just as important, the automakers have to develop the expensive new more environmently friendly technology regardless because the rest of the first world demands it. Therefore, the current administrations agenda appears both anti-business and anti-environment.

1 Like

Alright folks, let’s keep politics out of this.

3 Likes

I agree, with the possible exception of some of these Volvo giveaways on here! Its like “The great BMW giveaway” from last year.

On my end, I’m waiting at least a year or more before pursuing anything new as it is almost certainly impossible that I could do any better than what we have now.

What is a realistic deal for that car?

A lot. ‘19s have 24 months in the low 50s, 36 in the 40s. High msrp and no incentives other than market allowance.

Hertz is one step closer to BK. I guess that may tank used car market.

Briefing.com

• HTZ -32.4% (reportedly taps Moelis ( MC ) and FTI Consulting ( FCN ) for bankruptcy restructuring, according to WSJ )
1 Like

They’re trying to get debt restructuring 1st before filing for BK

Just FYI, Hertzcarsales has a '19 C63 AMG with 15k miles for sale lol… Not sure how low it will go down

4 Likes

Better use my points w them before they go down.

I don’t think you will see a “Fire Sale” or “Going Out of Business” 70% there:)

Either with or without BK they’ll dump the cars into Manhaim but not to retail customer. So whoever as a business buys from them won’t be passing the discount to you but rather keeping it to make used car sales department more profitable.

As always regulars customer won’t see much in savings:)

1 Like

What if I rent that AMG from Hertz, don’t return it and they go BK? That means they won’t come after me! Free car!!!

8 Likes

Obviously get the 7 series and full size RR too! I know you like the thinnest cuts but think bigger!

You weren’t the one I was expecting this question from :rofl: You know better than that!
It’s the C-suite that gets a golden parachute during BK. You get the shart and pay the bill for such parachute.

1 Like

That AMG get an oil change in those 15k miles?

1 Like

I could not find it… But go for it… Lol

here you go

https://www.hertzcarsales.com/certified/Mercedes-Benz/2019-Mercedes-Benz-AMG+C+63-c2d37e380a0e0a6b32d029a134a0af6b.htm

2 Likes

Auto check actually showed the 10k miles service was done at a MB dealership lol. Guess Hertz know it doesn’t want to screw this car up

1 Like