Where is auto market headed?

Or a brand new Model X for $80K. :rofl:

1 Like

But now many dealerships are running low on inventory as auto makers ramp up output after several weeks of factory downtime. Deals are drying up as car companies spend less on cash-back offers and pull back on attractive seven-year financing deals that brought customers to dealer lots during the pandemic.

Since hitting record highs in early May, company-sponsored discounts have fallen nearly 13%, according to J.D. Power.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/car-sales-fell-in-the-second-quarter-despite-deals-and-covid-19-stimulus-11593621053

Sec. 179? Food service with a truck open bed is basically suicide, take it from someone who’s sent a cake off in the back of an Escalade and a f150 while dying inside as they don’t tie it down.

We’re actually looking into 168 or 179 for the MX.

I know 179 works for sure, best of luck though, long range raven I presume? Or are you full sending with a raven perf?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Please keep all your “wanted” ads here - Part 2

From yahoo finance this morning. Nissan, BMW and Infiniti… Ouch
Mazda and Honda did well by comparison

"Sales of Japan-based auto bigwigs Toyota TM, Honda HMC and Nissan NSANY recorded a year-over-year plunge of 34.6%, 15.5% and 49.5%, respectively. Overall, Nissan and Infiniti’s car sales dropped 61% year over year, and truck sales were down 41% from the second quarter of 2019. Sales of Nissan’s electric Leaf and Versa models took a severe beating, both declining 68% year over year. Honda fared better than closest peers.

Other Japan-based carmakers including Mazda Corp, Subaru and Mitsubishi witnessed year-over-year sales decline of 9.6%, 25% and 58%, respectively.

German auto giant Volkswagen VWAGY reported a 29% decline in sales volumes. Volkswagen’s Porsche reported second-quarter sales of 12,192 vehicles, down 19.9% year over year.

Overall sales of BMW AG BAMXF fell around 40% year over year in the second quarter. While BMW’s 2-series, 8-series and X1 models witnessed huge sales gains year over year, they could not prevent the overall bleeding."

GM -34& and FCA -39%

Meanwhile:

“Tesla’s deliveries fell by just 4.8% from the same quarter last year even as auto sales the world over, and especially in the U.S., slumped during the quarter after Covid-19 outbreaks led to health restrictions on households, travel and businesses, mass layoffs and wage cuts.”

1 Like

Regarding BMW, I had not noticed.

1 Like

More importantly, the dealers also seem not to have noticed and are claiming “tight inventory”

1 Like

I can assure you it’s not a conspiracy.

1 Like

The Covid-19 pandemic has dinged the auto sector, but one part of the industry is faring better than it was before the crisis: used cars.

Sales of used vehicles in the U.S. have roared back after dropping 38% in April, when states were shut down and some dealerships were forced to close. In June, used-vehicle sales rose 17% above the pre-pandemic forecasts, according to research firm J.D. Power.

A confluence of factors is drawing buyers to the used-car lot. Some have used federal stimulus checks on their purchases, dealers and analysts say. Interest rates have fallen during the pandemic, to about 4.73% on average for a 36-month used-car loan, from about 5% in early March, according to Bankrate.com

You should have enclosed this in quotes. And it is too smart to be coming from you, anyway

The used car squeeze feels short lived due to stimulus checks, $600 wk/ unemployment and lack of trade-ins durng March-May.

Those that need a high quality car to commute vs. taking mass transportation will be a short term blip. Likely offset by those that won’t need 2-3+ family cars since they will be working from home for an extended period.

1 Like

Im in los angeles. Is anyone else finding that dealerships are completely unmotivated to sell or lease cars these days? My lease ends this month and Mercedes, BMW, and Volvo are giving me down right stupid numbers on the cars I’m looking at - almost like they want me to walk away. I thought that after the shut down came to an end and these dealerships started to open up they would be desperate to move cars off their lots. But that’s not what I am finding out. Any feedback?
Cars im looking at are (36 mos. 10k miles):
2020 Mercedes GLE with amg package
2020 Volvo S60 T6 R-DESIGN
2020 BMW 540 M-packge
Thanks!

For some reason in South Florida (in my experience) all Benz dealerships have not been wanting to play ball at all (this is recent FYI). On the flip side, BMW dealers are quick to respond and send you quote sheets in a moments notice. Let me note though that it really just comes down to the person you’re working with

Inventory is running low. It’s not surprising in the slightest

Touche. You know me all too well. Aren’t you my long lost uncle?

I was able to hack a Jaguar F-Type due to this awesome forum back in 2017.
I understand that I will likely not come across a similar deal but I am having a really hard time finding any deals remotely as interesting likely due to the pandemic and low inventory.

When do you guys think we will start seeing good deals and possible unicorns again?

There are always unicorns price-wise but not always for the car you are looking for.

On the other hand - can you extend you current lease for another 6 months to keep enjoying 2017 unicorn?