Where is auto market headed?

For some reason in South Florida (in my experience) all Benz dealerships have not been wanting to play ball at all (this is recent FYI). On the flip side, BMW dealers are quick to respond and send you quote sheets in a moments notice. Let me note though that it really just comes down to the person you’re working with

Inventory is running low. It’s not surprising in the slightest

Touche. You know me all too well. Aren’t you my long lost uncle?

I was able to hack a Jaguar F-Type due to this awesome forum back in 2017.
I understand that I will likely not come across a similar deal but I am having a really hard time finding any deals remotely as interesting likely due to the pandemic and low inventory.

When do you guys think we will start seeing good deals and possible unicorns again?

There are always unicorns price-wise but not always for the car you are looking for.

On the other hand - can you extend you current lease for another 6 months to keep enjoying 2017 unicorn?

Great minds think alike - that is actually exactly what I did! Reason why I wanted to opinions on when we should start seeing good deals again is because I was actually thinking about returning the car in August anyway. I am hoping August or September will bring us better deals, otherwise, I can keep it until January. Any thoughts?

This market is crazy. Just want to throw in what happened with a truck I had. 2019 Tacoma SR5 4cyl with 6k miles on it. MSRP sticker price was 30,600 NEW. Carmax just bought it after I had it for 13 months for $29000 and has just listed it on their website for $33,000(!!!). But when I go on Autotrader I see over 100 of the same spec NEW 2020 models selling for straight sticker of $30-31k. Who the hell would even consider purchasing my truck for 2k over what they could get a new 2020 for. Weird times.

7 Likes

Ford is on a roll, I’m going to invest a bit in them. Tesla could easily buy them out if they wanted to.

Hard to believe we are only ~2 months out from dealers leasing airports to park excess inventory…I remember seeing a lot of this

Anyone know what’s going on with Mercedes freezing Lease Transfers and if they will ever resume doing them?

Not sure what the actual numbers are, but I think they seem above expectations.
The sheer # of new car temp tags I’m seeing in NJ are insane. Perhaps its because the temp tags from March onwards have been extended so we’re seeing a compounded effect. Curious to see what the actual numbers are. Although research expects automobile sales to drop by 34% for Q2.

2 Likes

https://news.yahoo.com/looking-buy-used-car-pandemic-120353320.html

If you need winning lotto numbers, ask @Qbrozen :crystal_ball:

3 Likes

Unfortunately this is not over. Not good news for European premium cars Inventory.

Same here in NorCal…I’d estimate every 6th car has paper plates on it…incentives must be working.

More expensive used cars are dropping fast and the market is correcting. Starting to get near normal levels again.

New cars are hotter than ever for those who are starting to get inventory again.

1 Like