Where do you invest your money?

I am very happy with the SEC decision to sue these exchanges and parent companies for listing unregistered securities. It’s about damn time.

I agree, but do not really feel sorry for those who did not understand that they were taking on a lot of risk when they loaned out their pretend money in return for 8% interest, at a time when FDIC insured banks were paying less than 1% interest.

1 Like

They were also lied to so there’s that…

Of course there’s legitimate risk with lots of investments, but it wasn’t legitimate, it was fraud.

I’m a huge history buff so I think it’s been interesting to spectate in real time how the same social, political, and economic factors tend to prop up cyclically in each society. We’re no different from any of the great civilizations that have come before us.

6 Likes

Nothing new under the sun…

$cvna

Meme stock trading at it best. Thing is up 192% YTD

1 Like

The market has been on fire since the start of the year opposite to last year’s predictions of falling skies happening in 2023 :thinking:

Indeed. Some say recession is here others say not yet.

Dead cat bounce?

1 Like

Recall those things have 9 lives!

1 Like

And I believe we have used several of those already… Cat isn’t sure which way to turn.

Cat Watching GIF

2 Likes

That’s some bouncy cat out there…

People are still afloat borrowing from their flush boomer parents, home equity and credit cards. Eventually less money will flow into the market via 401ks etc as people can’t contribute as much.

Banks are also still flush with cash as are funds so they’re still keeping companies going it seems despite rates. This is all inflationary so I don’t expect markets to drop a lot from here absent a global event. Seems they’re poking the bear very hard trying to start it however. War mongers gonna monger. They need this war to keep the house of cards going…

1 Like

Is it still a good idea to buy I-bonds in 2023?
I believe the rates are changing in April 2023 but can still lock down 6.89% for the next 6 months.

Edit: Corrections

Depends on how long you plan to hold them, and which way you think inflation is going. If you are not holding for 5-30 years, you automatically forfeit the last quarter of interest earned when you sell them.

If you think inflation has peaked, which it seems to have, the composite rate is likely to drop. The base rate is currently only 0.40%

https://www.treasurydirect.gov/savings-bonds/i-bonds/i-bonds-interest-rates/

I bought iBonds in 2021 and 2022, but I’m not buying any more. If you’re still worried about inflation, I think TIPS are a slightly better choice over iBonds

https://www.treasurydirect.gov/research-center/history-of-savings-bond/comparing-tips-to-i/

If you want the most flexibility with shorter-term rate, 4/8/12 week T-Bills are pretty hard to beat.

For CDs, a lot of discussion over in

5 Likes

Triple net Commercial real estate investments. Can invest through a syndication and actually own a percentage of the property based on size of your investment. Usually 3-5yr holds pays 6-10% cash distribution paid monthly or quarterly with a 1.4-2x equity multiple. So the cash payments are like a bonus and when they sell that’s where really profit. Basically in 3-5yrs depending on the property you’re going to make 40-100% on your money. One of the best conservative investments out there.

1 Like

Yes but good luck finding a good deal for one of these. People who can afford these deals are constantly hunting for them.

1 Like

Can access deals if need. Currently have a single tenant triple net property in Oregon buying for $5mill @10% cap rate paying 8% with 1.4x equity multiple in a 3yr hold. Min investment is 25k. Have to be an accredited investor. Not advertising just saw people on here asking for ideas and while was looking for a lease thought would help give free advice.
Thanks

1 Like

What’s an accredited investor?