Where do you invest your money?

https://www.sec.gov/education/capitalraising/building-blocks/accredited-investor

People who can afford to lose enough money that they self-select into an unprotected class.

4 Likes

And I’m sure this deal is extremely attractive hence why you are advertising it on a car leasing forum

Actually the deal is almost sold out so don’t need to advertise. Just was trying to help fellow hackrs with free advice. Didn’t know a Karen was on the forum.
Subject was “Where do you invest your money”.
Thank you,

1 Like

There’s a few here who spend all day waiting to be negative on every post. If only they put that effort into generating wealth, or helping others.

Curious if you have any dollar general or dollar tree leases in your portfolio?

3 Likes

The only investment I made last year that made any money whatsoever was something like this (private equity RE).

Of course, in hindsight, I wish I took a much bigger risk because the returns were so unbelievably high.

1 Like

And honestly, I think there are a lot of regular people like me that are considered an “accredited investor”. The name does make it sound like this is billionaire territory when it really isn’t.

1 Like

Lol if you qualify as an accredited investor, you are not a regular person.

Totally disagree. To me a “regular person” can be someone who may have worked hard, saved, and therefore qualifies as an accredited investor after some time without being anything even close to 1%’er.

In 2014 there were only 12 million households in the US that qualified as accredited investors. In 2014 there were roughly 117 million households. Sure, you aren’t a 1%er, but you absolutely aren’t a regular person.

Accredited investor presentation - https://www.sec.gov/info/smallbus/sbforum112014-gullapalli.pdf

What may not be considered here is age (which is why I mentioned over time in my original post). If someone is 60-70-80 years old, it is likely that quite a number of those would meet the “accredited investor” designation.

In other words, “accredited investor” does not necessarily mean “rich” (as it would be interpreted in popular culture). In an overall sense looking at the entire globe, absolutely one would be incredibly well off in that financial state.

1 Like

$300k household income isn’t hard to hit, we’ve already done that in our early 30s, its the $1m NW. Maybe if you exclude student loans more would hit it. What I don’t get is how they exclude asset value of a home but include the liability of the mortgage…

Have had shopping centers with dollar general and dollar trees in past. They do come up here and there.
Also grocery anchored centers and we like to always have big national tenants. They the are the best tenants.

Yea I was looking into shopping centers as well. Few dollar general opps opened in my region. 10 year leases they sign and they want to cover all maintenance and lot management. Seemed like a no brainer to park some cash.

You think there’s a future in that? Seems like quite a few shopping centers and malls for that matter are pretty run down.

I suppose buying a share into a trendy one could work but you know how that goes, eventually they all go out of fashion.

1 Like

The move is buying distressed and revamping with a short term exit.

Easier said than done and of course you need sprawling connections and a fat wallet.

you guys are nuts to think that malls or shopping centers of any kind are worthwhile ventures at this point.

Yea there’s good money in them if you get the right tenants. The idea is to try and revamp as the poster below said and enticing a chain of some kind. Buddy has a few and he has landed, Verizon, dollar tree, and a few local chain restaurants. The mix of local and National is key, especially to buying from somone.

Several hundred thousand square foot retail mall, yes.

Multi-tenant plaza with your neighborhood deli, a gym, a few storefronts, and somewhere to grab coffee? No way.

The value add is in the latter.

1 Like

Reminder that it is proxy ballot season. If you own voting shares of stock, don’t forget to submit by the due date.

Admittedly I’m a weirdo, but few things are as satisfying as voting against BOD candidates and Auditors, and voting for most (never all) shareholder proposals.

1 Like

Out of curiousity, what’s the idea behind voting against auditors?