Where do you invest your money?

He’s a Cowboy…can’t go wrong.

sometimes the long run can be 16 years or 40 years.
The level of **tardation in power today, is like we’ve never seen before.

I have two NBA teams running all over my campus RN right during midterms. I currently dislike the NBA.

1 Like

I did some consulting work for the NBA a while back. Quite a while back now that I think of it, damn I’m getting old. David Stern was the comish then and I met him on a couple of occasions.

It’s a business like any other. The corporate office has posters of all the big players and shit. But other than that it’s a corp like any other, only difference is instead of selling widgets they sell entertainment. Took a lot of the sexiness out of it for me. And I don’t know if it was coincidental ir not but it was right around that time when I started not giving a shit about sports.

3 Likes

That’s pretty cool, what was your line of work for them

Marketing analytics. Exciting stuff!! :joy:
It was neat being there and I went to a couple of Nicks Ana Rangers games while there, in private boxes. Rubbed elbows with the beautiful people.

1 Like

Lol you’re making me jealous. I’m a die hard Knicks fan. My childhood dream has always been to work for the Knicks…or the NBA :joy:. Yea that didn’t happen

Drugs Drogue GIF

you’re more likely to get hired by the Knicks than they are to win a championship.

2 Likes

If the two of us joined OUR names it would be something special.

1 Like

i think if i got a job in the front office i’d have to seriously think about taking the bullet and snuff out james dolan. its the only way we’ll ever be good again.

I swear these people go into the offseason putting headlines of getting a superstar and then they offer max deals to Jalen Brunson lol :sunglasses:

best signing of the offseason by a MILE.

Series-I Bonds have dropped from 9.6% to 6.89%

The time to get these was really last year, when inflation was cooking. Very pleased with the timing on both my tranches (Dec 2021 and May 2022), for now I don’t plan to buy any more, just hold what I have.

Given the yield on 2-year Treasury Notes, I decided to park $5k there in the last auction, just to pressure-test the process. All the relevant information is under Security History:

Easy-peasy, would definitely try again depending on rates. If you are using a password manager, don’t forget to install something like Tamper Monkey (to let your browser inject additional scripts) and something to override Treasury Direct’s virtual keyboard.

2 Likes

Same here. We maxed it but won’t continue adding. That 9% was nice.

1 Like

I think I’m going to jump in for another round next year. Even 6.89% risk-free still seems pretty good to me…

Not a bad rate, but it adjusts every quarter, and as inflation comes down, so will the I Bond rate. And if you sell before maturity you are forfeiting the prior quarter’s interest. Unless inflation spikes again, I hope I can find better opportunities in January 2023, but we’ll see.

Its all a damn crapshoot🤪. Normally, these ibonds are JUNK with a capital J.

1 Like

Seems the crypto scam is unraveling. Ftx not allowing withdrawals. Binance backed out of their “merger”. Look out below…

Tempted to take my money out from Coinbase. Next thing you know they’re the ones to fall…

Isn’t rule #1 of crypto investing to never keep money in exchanges? Once one falls there will
Be a rush to the exits. Prob already happening