Where do you invest your money?

Harry Dent, who, of course, has been wrong about a myriad of things, has been shouting from rooftops that crypto will get crunched. However, bitcoin, he claims, will end up being dominant with a price target of at least $500,000! I heard him mention something about the buy signal being at $3000 to $5000…for whatever thats worth🤪

It can be 500k. As long as everything else rises at those same or higher rates on inflation. Wouldn’t want to live in a 500k bitcoin world even though I still own 4 coins.

Get yourself a trezor or ledger

1 Like

Your 4 Bitcoin is worth almost more than my 200k xrp :cry:

Rule of thumb: never keep more on an exchange than you would keep cash in your wallet. Also my DMs is always open if you ever want to talk Bitcoin and I am more than happy to answer questions on moving your funds into cold storage.

2 Likes

I never was a fan of Sam Bankman Fried and all of his sus companies based out of the islands. Always remember most of these “companies” hold Bitcoin as the asset against their own shitcoin. One of the largest exchanges was completely built off of a very very few Bitcoin and a lot of cards and it just collapsed. This is a good thing for Bitcoin. Bitcoin was specifically designed to never being leveraged nor rehypothecated, and yet people will continue to apply old rules to new tech.

2 Likes

https://www.wsj.com/articles/ftx-tapped-into-customer-accounts-to-fund-risky-bets-setting-up-its-downfall-11668093732

“FTX Chief Executive Sam Bankman-Fried said in investor meetings this week that Alameda owes FTX about $10 billion, people familiar with the matter said. FTX extended loans to Alameda using money that customers had deposited on the exchange for trading purposes, a decision that Mr. Bankman-Fried described as a poor judgment call, one of the people said.”

1 Like

When you think you’re a bank and don’t have politicians to bail you out…

4 Likes

Looks like BlockFi may be next.

:thinking:

Is anything actually grown organically these days or is it always nepotism with these “elitists”. Using quotes from now on when I say elitists as not to confuse

2 Likes

Tom Brady and gisele potentially lost 600 mill along with all these funds. Teacher funds 900 mill. Wow…cascading effect to other exchanges incoming

Brady probably will have to keep playing football into his 60s.

2 Likes

Gisele will have to ‘take your diamond ring, you better pawn it babe.’

2 Likes

Satoshi-I mean Dr. Adam Back tweeted this:

https://twitter.com/adam3us/status/1590691545434722306?s=46&t=UQ63whXzUicysC80_WSuZw

Bitcoin Maxis called it a lonnng time ago and we were labeled toxic. All these commercials FTX did with these big names such as Tom Brady, Gisele Bündchen, Larry David, etc. shows the marketing money behind this facade. This is a key difference between Bitcoin and Crypto. Bitcoin doesn’t pay for marketing because there’s no one behind it. There’s no one behind the curtains. I cannot say that for all the other 30k+ shitcoins.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/0xTre/status/1591294507789811713

yes, that’s why its a scam.

Very exit scam vibe to me.

1 Like

Still think darpa is behind btc beta testing digital currencies for when king dollar has to be replaced.

Sure it’s a conspiracy theory but a lot of shady shit is going on in the crypto space right now. The one guy that actually developed a decentralized coin just killed in Puerto Rico last week. He tweeted that the cia/mossad was after him. Spoke often about child trafficking using crypto etc. Michael mellons death was extremely suspect…these aren’t nobodies these are billionaires disrupting the global financial system. Popescu is another one…

Then you have all the shady business with the tether guy…can’t make this stuff up. Stranger then fiction.

This guy breaks it down in 15 mins and def worth the watch.

Again there’s no one behind the curtains of Bitcoin. What happened to FTX has nothing to do with Bitcoin and a far as I am concerned I don’t even think they invested in any Bitcoin-only projects. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I’ve seen you say this before and honestly had to no idea what DARPA was but it looks like some Bitcoiners already squashed this FUD:

I watched the video and it’s interesting for sure. My condolences to his loved ones but I don’t know what to make of it to be honest. For his coin to be decentralize, they need to fail the Howey Test and I don’t think they would fail the test since they are built upon of ETH. ETH is clearly a security and no one even knows how much Ether is in circulation, which blows my mind. Bitcoin’s core code has been unchanged since Satoshi “left”, and there’s been numerous attacks on Bitcoin and they’ve all failed.

Not to sound sketchier than I alr do, but I’m surprised that they chose UAE for their corporation, the privacy laws are the same as most other places and the atmosphere isn’t the most conducive, a uni friend’s crypto startup has been lobbying to have some laws changed for his business. Dubai’s DMCC allows exchanges but AFAIK they don’t allow onshore ICOs.

I know some of the ppl at DIFC, and nearly all of the MENA exchanges I’m familiar with and big people here are invested in are based in Bahrain, as they have looser crypto laws, a currency also pegged to the USD, etc. (MEVP’s biggest exchange investment has been Rain, based and officially licensed by the central bank of Bahrain as a cryptocurrency exchange). Bahrain’s central bank also offers official exchange licenses with no looming corporate income tax like the UAE.