Where do you invest your money?

They have pretty terrible economies essentially devoid of tech companies which is the profit center for our economy. That is the key fundamental difference.

Stock market is a huge problem for our society in todays world. We used to invest to promote growth and improve companies products but now for the most part it almost feels like a game. Rich market people making shit up/punch numbers to show growth but in actuality they do nothing. But it is what it is. I still invest because im a pig and I like dirty money.

So what? The govt was ostensibly giving companies money to not fire people right? If a plumbing company with 5 employees got money, why canā€™t a company like the lakers with 200 (or whatever the number is) employees get it as well? Should the Laker employees have suffered because they worked for the Lakers and not for Small Business Plumber?

As I said before, the root of the problem was the stupid lockdowns. Had those not happened PPP and the rest of the trillions printed wouldnā€™t have happened. But if the govt is throwing money around, I donā€™t see why the Lakers shouldnā€™t get a cut of the action as well.

2 Likes

LeGM ruined the franchise.

fixed it for ya

2 Likes

Nothing says end of world and banking crisis like s&p being up 3% on the day.

3 Likes

LH really needs a dislike button

1 Like

Which part did you disagree with?
The ruined the franchise or that heā€™s the goat?

KD ruined the NBA donā€™t forget that :snake:

1 Like

memorializing this post for posterity

1 Like

I mean a bank could absolutely blow up at some point in the future if we are talking perpetuity, just the CS stuff was so overblown and there isnā€™t that much risk in the short term.

Never thought Iā€™d read her name on this forum, but her newsletter is solid!

1 Like

I disagree with Lebron being the GOAT :poop::joy:

Also why is this topic in slow mode lol

1 Like

He is the GOATā€¦in stat padding

1 Like

Weā€™re due for another new GOAT soon, they seem to take a few years.

1 Like

The risk that the economy has entered a substantial downturn appears to have diminished over the past month or so.
ā€” Ben Bernanke on June 9, 2008

The Dow Jones industrial average added 410 points, or 3.9%. The Standard & Poorā€™s 500 jumped 50 points, or 4.3%. The Nasdaq composite gained 100 points, or 4.8%.
ā€” September 18, 2008

All is well everybody. Buy, buy, buy!!

1 Like

But but but it always goes up in the long run. So just keep piling into that 401k for 40 years just in time for the bail insā€¦. Already talking about that in Europe. Theyā€™re going to steal the pensions, either directly or through inflation.

this is very impressive

Yeah and his name is Cade Cunningham

1 Like

Pleaseā€¦victor