Where do you invest your money?

Agreed. Who will put money in stocks if you can get 8% with no risk. The market is what they want you to invest in so I think rates won’t go much higher

Europe this winter could be the financial breaking point. All bets are off, things could get really bad. Contagion will start in the EU imo

The strong dollar is hurting most of the worlds currencies, except for the yen where the bank of Japan is clearly starting a currency war with itself, but in the case of the UK it’s the recent fiscal policy that has the markets doing flip-flops. It was so much action Thursday night into Friday morning that I looked at my phone and it was 5 AM and I had not gone to bed yet. Plenty more excitement to come if this experiment they’re running does not work out. :boom:

1 Like

What about the Ruble? It’s doing well.

Russia has stop buying UST years ago and that increased tensions between us. Russia is attempting to become commodity based instead of fiat. If you watch Putin’s speeches, he’s trying to deglobalize the USD.

1 Like

I wonder if the rumors of a military coup in China are true. Could get very interesting.

3 Likes

The people of china def want change. Once a couple dominoes fall it could get very very interesting. the govt censors all media so an organic coup is very unlikely. I would be skeptical of whatever you hear.

1 Like

Made in the United States of China coming to a store near you

On a serious note, wouldn’t that screw over the US economy if that coup actually happens?

It’s on twitter @ilpapa

source?

10char

The Bank of Japan is trying to save its from the rising USD. Japan holds the most UST and second is China. As far as I can see BOJ is selling their US Bonds for cash, taking the cash to FX markets for USD (valued higher currently), and buying JPY. This is temporarily stoping JPY from weakening. When BOJ or any other country selling UST, it forces yields even higher (yields move inversely to price) This widens the interest rate differentials and paradoxically makes the USD more attractive. This makes the US Fed’s job harder because they want to sell UST but also, so does Japan, China, and Europe in order to defend their currencies. Someone needs to buy something. This is exactly what I was warning before when the Fed announced all these rate hikes- defaults.

If the Fed keeps raises rates:
-USD will continue to strengthen against JPY
-Bank of Japan will need to dump more treasuries to defend JPY
-The more BOJ dumps, the sooner the Fed will have to stop tightening due to the Treasury market being messed up

Rising USD means imports TO the US gets cheaper and exports FROM the US gets more expensive. Japan like Europe imports it’s energy. Because of the Bretton Woods Agreement from WWII, most energy today is still priced in USD, and Russia is changing that. Do you think that US allies are going to tolerate their currency being debased at the expense of a spoiled US nation that doesn’t like their economy being negative? IMO, Japan and Europe might defect from the US and buy energy from Russia with their own currency instead of the US. That will the piss the US off.

3 Likes

Initially, until we manufacture here again. I think the world will be changing drastically into a protectionist economy. We globalized too fast without realizing the repercussions. The wealth that America built in the 20th century was outsourced and/or transferred to the ultra rich. Wage gaps just keep increasing and that’s 100% globalization in effect.

2 Likes

this sentence contradicts the first one.

1 Like

No it is not.

Invest in cash on the sidelines for now.

Not really. Globalization started later in the century. America got wealthy through manufacturing in the earlier part of the 20th century…

Globalization began towards the end of the 2nd Industrial, aka Technological Revolution, owing to the ease of communication overseas and continental rail travel. We are currently in the Pronoun Revolution.

5 Likes

When new technology comes it comes with a lot of opportunities in business and right now NFT, Bitcoin and all cryptocurrencies are trending so try to invest small money in this era as this is a booming industry.

As usual, twitter and some BS ‘evidence’.

Translation: 8 ball says ask again later.

1 Like

Bank of England have announced temporary purchase of long-date UK bonds. :clown_face::clown_face:

1 Like

Pound going to 0

1 Like

I’m locked out until another hour from now so I’m going to make it count. I stand by what I said before months ago about bonds.

The Fed just literally broke the Bank of England. As I said before when the Fed announced these hikes, major defaults will follow.

1 Like