Where do you invest your money?

Recall those things have 9 lives!

1 Like

And I believe we have used several of those already… Cat isn’t sure which way to turn.

Cat Watching GIF

2 Likes

That’s some bouncy cat out there…

People are still afloat borrowing from their flush boomer parents, home equity and credit cards. Eventually less money will flow into the market via 401ks etc as people can’t contribute as much.

Banks are also still flush with cash as are funds so they’re still keeping companies going it seems despite rates. This is all inflationary so I don’t expect markets to drop a lot from here absent a global event. Seems they’re poking the bear very hard trying to start it however. War mongers gonna monger. They need this war to keep the house of cards going…

1 Like

Is it still a good idea to buy I-bonds in 2023?
I believe the rates are changing in April 2023 but can still lock down 6.89% for the next 6 months.

Edit: Corrections

Depends on how long you plan to hold them, and which way you think inflation is going. If you are not holding for 5-30 years, you automatically forfeit the last quarter of interest earned when you sell them.

If you think inflation has peaked, which it seems to have, the composite rate is likely to drop. The base rate is currently only 0.40%

https://www.treasurydirect.gov/savings-bonds/i-bonds/i-bonds-interest-rates/

I bought iBonds in 2021 and 2022, but I’m not buying any more. If you’re still worried about inflation, I think TIPS are a slightly better choice over iBonds

https://www.treasurydirect.gov/research-center/history-of-savings-bond/comparing-tips-to-i/

If you want the most flexibility with shorter-term rate, 4/8/12 week T-Bills are pretty hard to beat.

For CDs, a lot of discussion over in

5 Likes

Triple net Commercial real estate investments. Can invest through a syndication and actually own a percentage of the property based on size of your investment. Usually 3-5yr holds pays 6-10% cash distribution paid monthly or quarterly with a 1.4-2x equity multiple. So the cash payments are like a bonus and when they sell that’s where really profit. Basically in 3-5yrs depending on the property you’re going to make 40-100% on your money. One of the best conservative investments out there.

1 Like

Yes but good luck finding a good deal for one of these. People who can afford these deals are constantly hunting for them.

1 Like

Can access deals if need. Currently have a single tenant triple net property in Oregon buying for $5mill @10% cap rate paying 8% with 1.4x equity multiple in a 3yr hold. Min investment is 25k. Have to be an accredited investor. Not advertising just saw people on here asking for ideas and while was looking for a lease thought would help give free advice.
Thanks

1 Like

What’s an accredited investor?

https://www.sec.gov/education/capitalraising/building-blocks/accredited-investor

People who can afford to lose enough money that they self-select into an unprotected class.

4 Likes

And I’m sure this deal is extremely attractive hence why you are advertising it on a car leasing forum

Actually the deal is almost sold out so don’t need to advertise. Just was trying to help fellow hackrs with free advice. Didn’t know a Karen was on the forum.
Subject was “Where do you invest your money”.
Thank you,

1 Like

There’s a few here who spend all day waiting to be negative on every post. If only they put that effort into generating wealth, or helping others.

Curious if you have any dollar general or dollar tree leases in your portfolio?

3 Likes

The only investment I made last year that made any money whatsoever was something like this (private equity RE).

Of course, in hindsight, I wish I took a much bigger risk because the returns were so unbelievably high.

1 Like

And honestly, I think there are a lot of regular people like me that are considered an “accredited investor”. The name does make it sound like this is billionaire territory when it really isn’t.

1 Like

Lol if you qualify as an accredited investor, you are not a regular person.

Totally disagree. To me a “regular person” can be someone who may have worked hard, saved, and therefore qualifies as an accredited investor after some time without being anything even close to 1%’er.

In 2014 there were only 12 million households in the US that qualified as accredited investors. In 2014 there were roughly 117 million households. Sure, you aren’t a 1%er, but you absolutely aren’t a regular person.

Accredited investor presentation - https://www.sec.gov/info/smallbus/sbforum112014-gullapalli.pdf

What may not be considered here is age (which is why I mentioned over time in my original post). If someone is 60-70-80 years old, it is likely that quite a number of those would meet the “accredited investor” designation.

In other words, “accredited investor” does not necessarily mean “rich” (as it would be interpreted in popular culture). In an overall sense looking at the entire globe, absolutely one would be incredibly well off in that financial state.

1 Like