Where did you get your X3 M40i Loaner From?

Yeah you’re probably right on the setting expectations part.

Aiming for a high discount isn’t an unrealistic goal though, and it would be equally improper of me to tell OP to aim for a lower discount that is readily attainable (again, in some markets).

How about a realistic but possible goal on new? Which we all know is 12% pre rebates w base MF. Now we’re seeing some dealers do slightly more to get rid of 2019s in competitive markets like tri state.

some people also start shopping too fast. It’s important OP not just start shopping for discounts and cars without running the numbers.

These hypothetical numbers need to be plugged into the calculator to make sure they work. I think people often get ahead of themselves because of excitement.

Would 14% even get him where he wants to be? Would 16? Who knows.

@anon46843959 you gotta run the numbers and make sure your negotiation targets (reasonable but aggressive ones) get you the output you want.

7 Likes

These are the numbers I’m getting and want to be at. I want 17% but doesn’t mean I’ll get it. I think it’s fair enough…

Add in the fact your residual will get hit with the loaner.

I wanted to stay sub-$500 (true zero down) but it wasn’t going to happen. Settled for 22 bucks more a month.

I reached out to Annapolis about those loaners, but didn’t get any impressive deals from there. I got lucky with my dealer as they had a fire sale in December. Tried to spread the wealth until they called it quits and now they are back to the same discounts you mentioned everyone else is giving (sometimes worse as they are not a volume dealer).

As others mentioned, you may have to settle on a few factors, or wait it out until end of month/next month.

I agree the m40 is more fun than the sluggish base x3, but if you get a well optioned base x3 loaner, you’ll likely be just as happy, especially with the coin saved.

Rockville has 3 well-optioned x4 m40s. 2019s as well. They have not been nice to me in the past, but others have done well there. I think they have been on the lot for ages too.

2 Likes

I think I saw yours and another member’s thread is why I want to aim for under $500, which I might not get. I am looking at 2019 NEW or 2020 Loaners due to RV drastically changing.

1 Like

Good luck, man. With a lot of effort, you can almost always get a better deal than the brokers… but there’s always a timing/luck factor in there as well. Keep searching through the DMV area dealership. Northwest BMW out in Maryland used to do good deals. Can also search Charlottesville/Richmond VA area as well.

x3 m40i 64k, under $500/mo will be tough with 0 DAS.
Just fyi, BMW lease support on 19s will most likely end this month or march.

1 Like

Yup. I am pretty sure it will end this month, why I am being impatient lol.

I am not stuck on under $500 but would like to be under it. Yours would have been perfect if it was 10K and would be around $540 a month :frowning:

Lease support for 2019 (excludes 8 series) ends March 31st.

5 Likes

Last year the program was until end of April. Are you in charge?
:rofl::rofl:

Well damn. Maybe I should wait then :slight_smile:

From the February Program bulletin, “Final 2 Months of MY19 Leasing Support (excl. 8 Series)”. Last year’s programs have no bearing on this year’s programs.

3 Likes

You can wait but inventory will be smaller and the dealers willing to deal will have sold their inventory already. Plus it is just lease support and people still finance, so it is not necessary to fire sale cars.

4 Likes

Yeah: The G01 is also not exactly an end of production car either like what was the case with the F30 3er and what will be F32 4 this year (production was significantly limited however so don’t expect miracles)

OP, If you can get in at under $600/mo with 1st DAS or $550 with standard driveoffs I suggest you take it and run.

3 Likes

What would be the good % off to ask for on a 2019 is what I am saying. I would love to get one but not trying to hear “I could have gotten you a better deal” lol

I think 15-16% is fair on a 2019 or 2020 loaner

Agreed re 15-16% on a loaner

1 Like

Thanks! I hope they bite :frowning:

@anon46843959 - ask for Karen. She did quite a few deals for LH members couple of years ago, right @conanohasselhof? :slight_smile:

Here is the one you want, but hurry before she gets 100 calls on it :smile:
https://www.bmwofowingsmills.com/inventory/used-2020-bmw-x3-m40i-sports-activity-vehicle-awd-sport-utility-5uxty9c03lle60036/

1 Like

Ha. Looks like she’s still there too. And spot on, fellow bear. Good find.

They were definitely fire selling this time of year back then as well. Worth investigating.

I checked their staff before mentioning her :slight_smile:

1 Like