When do you do your lease-end inspection?

To the lessor when you get your final bill. To dispute take lots and lots of pictures

The purpose of making fixes is not to present receipts to anyone, because that could be easily falsified by unethical people.

The purpose of a fix is to not have the same line item be recorded in the final inspection as a chargeable line item.

Basically: make the damage go away, the charge goes away.

Thank you very much. Thats what i thought. But how to dispute? Do i have to call the leasing company and tell them i want to dispute? Or its online?

Thank you very much

While I agree with your statement generally. After first inspection most banks don’t bother with a second inspection and send right to Auction.

They basically laze off and send a bill to the Lessee, hence, take LOTS of pictures, and keep receipts. Otherwise you will be in a nice little fight to save the $XXX when some pictures / receipts would’ve solved it.

You are generalizing way too much.

I stand by what I said. Poster Lina, get your inspection if you see something that you need to repair (instead of just paying the fee). Keep a receipt (If you get one) and lots of picture proof.

who’s your bank, if it is US BANK? If it is US Bank, they actually make their inspectors hold to a higher standard of checking. Or at least that’s what my inspector told me when he did my car, that a few marks on my last car would pass Kia but not US Bank.

1 Like

Some don’t do a second inspection. Don’t think Infiniti does. I fixed a crack in the bumper and it was still billed on the final bill. Doubt anyone checked it was fixed. I had to call Nissan financial and send the receipt and then they waived the fee.
Mercedes I believe does a second inspection.

1 Like

I think I have some odd scratches on the roof on my Hyundai. There are not huge but there are a few, Some are very close to each other, you can see the white base -paint.
Some are a little longer than a credit card.

Anyone has experience with them. Do they look at the roof?

YMMV depends on the inspector. Try touching them up if it bothers you. Is your car parked outdoors? Sometimes caused by animals (cats) or even birds

1 Like

Yes it has been outside. What would you suggest to touch it up with?

This is just my preference since I’ve used it on 3 cars now. Color match is good, easy to put on. Now it won’t fix a scratch 100%, but it does a pretty good job at it.

There’s many more out there… just need to look around

Awesome, Thank you will look around :heart_eyes:

How many do the inspection before turning in a lease?

My last lease I turned in, I just gave them the car told them the key wasn’t working properly, they didn’t mind, no bill or anything. I called up the financial department to send me notice and to close out the lease. They sent me the paperwork at that was it. I did turn it in under mileage and 3 months early. Most people I speak to who have leases don’t go through the inspection, they just turn it in and I guess just wait for what ever bill they receive, if they even get a bill. I have stayed with the same company twice so I know most times they will overlook a ding or scratch here and there.

I just turned in my Audi lease yesterday. Process was very simple. As soon as I received the 90 day notice I scheduled the appointment. In my region Audi Financial Services used a company called AiM. They guy came to my house and inspected the car. Whole process took 15 mins. He checked for any dents or dings. Anything larger than 4 inches you will be accountable for. Tire thread count has to be 4/32 or higher. Make sure you have both keys present and the owners manual. My advise things that are obvious you may want to address before the inspection so it doesn’t even show up on the report and you don’t have to worry about it.

After that, anything that showed up on the report they will provide a quote how much it will cost if you don’t get it repaired. If you get it repaired yourself, get a receipt and take pictures as proof and you can submit it to AFA prior to lease return.

Any questions AFS was extremely helpful and answering. I had dry rot on one of my tires. They suggested don’t getting it replaced until after the inspection because the inspector may not even care and will only look at the thread count. So I didn’t and the inspector didn’t list it. So worked out for me.

Anyone that doesn’t want to roll the dice with potentially thousands of dollars gets an inspection done. You may not get charged if you don’t, but you have no recourse if you do have excess wear. It’s not like it’s a time consuming process… They come to you to do it.

1 Like

My lease allows me $1000

$500 Excessive Wear-and-Use or Damage Waiver. Loyal customers which I am gets me $1000 worth of wear and use or damage if I lease another car through them. I do have a dent on my quarter panel which I have gone to get a price to fix. Approximately $700, went to a few place lowest being $250 to highest about $1000. Most of the auto shops told me not to even waste any time and just drive it the way it is since it’s a lease so I just left it like that and know that the damage on the car has not exceeded $1000 so I feel comfortable knowing it’s not going to be a problem when I return it.

Just because the body shop said it was under $1000 to fix doesn’t mean that the leasing company agrees or that there aren’t other things that add up.

It’s quick, free insurance to go into lease end knowing what your liability is. You may come out ok not doing it, but the risk/reward doesn’t make sense to not have an inspection performed.

I will get the inspection, I agree however the risk reward is this, my deductible is $500 so even if I step foot into a body shop and it cost $1200 to fix, I’m out my deductible of $500. The average quote I got was right in the 500-700 range. I got a quote as low as $250. So no matter what I’ll take the risk since the reward is slightly higher to not worry about it at lease turn in due to the fact I get up to $1000 worth of damage on my lease agreement.

And when I do get the inspection and they charge say $1350 to fix. If they are offering 1000 I’m only out $350 vs my $500 deductible

TraderX the cost to fix whatever will probably be minimal. I remember scratching up my front air dam, cost me $1200 to fix, scratched it AGAIN, and the lease return cost was $300.

But never turn in your car uninspected. You paid a Disposition fee, why not use it’s value? (Some of that fee goes toward inspection after all)

But for those of you who turns in a car uninspected…you might end up with this extreme case. (And it’s recent)

Just imagine how much heartache this guy went through because he didn’t get it pre-inspected. (It was solved btw)

1 Like