When do you do your lease-end inspection?

My Audi lease ends in 90 days so i just got the e-mail to schedule my inspection. This is my first time leasing so i’m curious when do you all do your inspection? right away? wait until closer to lease-end? the car is low miles + excellent condition so i’m not worried about getting dinged on repairs

From now to the end. Just leave yourself enough time to fix any possible issues.

2 Likes

as soon as you can so you can fix any issues that are fixable cheaply (For Example Windshields are expensive to fix but usually cheap on the inspection report)

Please note that if you chose to fix after the inspection you need receipts. No receipts = Pay for it again.

1 Like

With covid, upcoming holidays etc, it wold be a good idea to start scheduling one. You can always schedule a month ahead. Doubt you will even get a date this month…

2 Likes

surprisingly there was one day available this month, but of course doesn’t work with my schedule :expressionless:

I made an appointment with Autovin. I read bad reviews about them- they like to add things so the bill can get at turn in lease . I am new to this and i dont knowwhat to do to avoid ripoff. Any advice please

Autovin’s job is literally to identify damage that exceeds the wear and tear allowables, so of course are going to have them add things to the bill. The point in doing it ahead of time is so you can address the damage or dispute the list prior to releasing the vehicle.

Get the preinspection, look at what they flag, and see if it’s cheaper to address prior to turn in.

Thank you very much. Lets say i fixed the damages, than whom i present the receipt ? And how i can dispute something?

To the lessor when you get your final bill. To dispute take lots and lots of pictures

The purpose of making fixes is not to present receipts to anyone, because that could be easily falsified by unethical people.

The purpose of a fix is to not have the same line item be recorded in the final inspection as a chargeable line item.

Basically: make the damage go away, the charge goes away.

Thank you very much. Thats what i thought. But how to dispute? Do i have to call the leasing company and tell them i want to dispute? Or its online?

Thank you very much

While I agree with your statement generally. After first inspection most banks don’t bother with a second inspection and send right to Auction.

They basically laze off and send a bill to the Lessee, hence, take LOTS of pictures, and keep receipts. Otherwise you will be in a nice little fight to save the $XXX when some pictures / receipts would’ve solved it.

You are generalizing way too much.

I stand by what I said. Poster Lina, get your inspection if you see something that you need to repair (instead of just paying the fee). Keep a receipt (If you get one) and lots of picture proof.

who’s your bank, if it is US BANK? If it is US Bank, they actually make their inspectors hold to a higher standard of checking. Or at least that’s what my inspector told me when he did my car, that a few marks on my last car would pass Kia but not US Bank.

1 Like

Some don’t do a second inspection. Don’t think Infiniti does. I fixed a crack in the bumper and it was still billed on the final bill. Doubt anyone checked it was fixed. I had to call Nissan financial and send the receipt and then they waived the fee.
Mercedes I believe does a second inspection.

1 Like

I think I have some odd scratches on the roof on my Hyundai. There are not huge but there are a few, Some are very close to each other, you can see the white base -paint.
Some are a little longer than a credit card.

Anyone has experience with them. Do they look at the roof?

YMMV depends on the inspector. Try touching them up if it bothers you. Is your car parked outdoors? Sometimes caused by animals (cats) or even birds

1 Like

Yes it has been outside. What would you suggest to touch it up with?

This is just my preference since I’ve used it on 3 cars now. Color match is good, easy to put on. Now it won’t fix a scratch 100%, but it does a pretty good job at it.

There’s many more out there… just need to look around