What's wrong w/ Audi etron GT?

, ,

Why spend taycan money on an Audi with Audi interior?

I kept going back and forth between desiring the Audi and the taycan, but I need the market to lighten first and wait for it’s depreciation to actually hit. I think the Etron Gt would be a great used car buy after it loses the majority of its value.

I feel as if you’re just not getting enough car for it’s price and it seems as if the market agrees. Not sure what Audi was thinking; they even tuned it for understeer in classic Audi fashion.

I would love a taycan, but would “accept” and Etron gt for the right price if I can’t find a taycan cheap enough. (50k to 70k in a few years).

Felt like this was a missed opportunity on Audis part.

because it looks quite a bit better than a taycan.

people also have to consider these range limits as non-comparable. 238 mile range for audi is different than 238 mile range for a tesla. lots of people have seen higher ranges in reality for the taycan and e-tro of nearly 300.

The US market really doesn’t seem to appreciate sedan and wagon shapes. Everything must be SUV or lifted-wagon shaped.

So I suspect online offers will reflect that. And holding out for private party isn’t really ideal for flipping.

1 Like

Online offers are pretty strong for the RS right now.

1 Like

because it’s not taycan money. it’s cheaper.

I recall MSRPs to be very close to similar battery tech, number of motors, and range.
Base Etron GT is configured and priced closer to a taycan 4S whose MSRP is 4k more. If I have 100k+ to spend, I’m not going to cry over the 4k difference…

I know, I know; bUt GrEeDy DeAlErS wAnT aN aDm. yes, ADM notwithstanding; etron gts are definitely easier to come by, but that goes back to the original question…

OP was about why would the Etron gts be easier and cheaper to get than it’s taycan cousins from the dealer with all things being equal… my opinion was that the MSRP and price point for it is too close to taycan for what I would consider to be an inferior product.

1 Like

The Taycan shooting brake is nice

4 Likes

Aren’t they the one’s who will drop the offer by like 10k?

At $158K you have $22K of positive equity.

Even if they dropped the offer $10K, it would be a solid flip.

Given I have 4 or 5 to choose from, I went back to all the dealers and said I would take whomever honors the Audi Affinity program discount. So far , crickets.

1 Like

Unfortunately you’re never going to hear back. Audi affinity doesn’t apply to the etron gt at all.

1 Like

That is different exclusion language then on the Audi Affinity website (but would not be surprising)

http://www.audiaffinity.com/details.aspx

can confirm, seeing 275-300 on a 4s.

1 Like

$1500 off MSRP on a RS
$2500 off MSRP on a not-a-RS

and…3 years free charging.

3 Likes

We now have enough auction sales to render a MMR for the 2022 Audi etron GT prestige and it’s brutal. Net result is an offer from CarBuyerUsa at $92K for a car with a MSRP close to $140K. This would have been a major loser. The RS etron GT seems to be performing MUCH better. If I had to pick one, I would definitely go with a base RS etron GT but I think I would rather pick these up in the secondary market.

4 Likes

Taycan brother seems to be better choice

1 Like

Yes but Taycan is either not possible to get or being sold at a large markup right now.

The attractive aspect of etron GT/RS etron GT is that they can be found in-stock and at a discount.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.