What's wrong w/ Audi etron GT?

, ,

Looking to replace my Tesla Model S and have been shopping around for a Audi etron GT. I’ve found 4 or 5 in stock within reasonable distance of me, all available and all selling for MSRP or less. Best pricing is 2% under MSRP although it’s not as well equipped as I’d like. Looking at the MMR, they are selling between MSRP and MSRP + $5K. Not nearly as strong as a Tesla, but strong enough that I should be able to get out whenever I want (NJ sales tax exemption helps)

Having trouble understanding why this car is so readily available and selling for under MSRP, when any other EV requires a wait list and ADM. I know this is a higher price point and the Audi lease is terrible, but you can put together a decent balloon loan and come in about the same monthly payment as my Model S.

I think you’ve just explained the reason in your own post. $$$

3 Likes

Also super low to the ground – Wouldn’t recommend it in NYC

3 Likes

It’s a fine car. It’s just not a fine car at its price point.

If I was spending $120-130K on this I may as well get the Taycan for just a bit more…

4 Likes

I’m OTD at $102K (plus the $7500 credit) so it’s cheaper then a new model S.

Base car?

Personally I’d have to go with a Prestige but on the same token I don’t care about half the things you get stepping up to that trim.

1 Like

Yeah, base… this one has a $104,490 MSRP plus the $7500 rebate. This seems to be the best value.

I’m looking at another, $111,365 MSRP and it has performance package.

1 Like

Please help a brother out and let us know MMR on 2022 Etron GT and Regular Quattro Premium Plus. If it is close to MSRP, flipping ASAP (and suggest you do the same).

You shouldn’t flip it as you’ll have to buy it out first - I think lol

Easiest flip is anything that allows 3rd party buyouts

2022 AUDI E-TRON GT 4D SEDAN PREMIUM PLUS

Date Price Miles Cond Trans Color Type Region Location
6/24/22 $110,000* 5,787 4.6 EL/A Gray Regular West Coast Riverside
6/15/22 $107,500* 294 5.0 EL/A Blue Regular Southwest Dallas
6/12/22 $99,000* 1,137 5.0 EL/A Black Regular Northeast Fredericksburg
4/26/22 $109,000* 788 4.9 EL/A Gray Regular Southeast Orlando
4/18/22 $112,500* 597 - - NON/A Black Regular Northeast Pennsylvania

Looks like an average MMR around $110K but hard to say if you would get that on a $104,490 MSRP or a $111,365 MSRP. When you factor in the $7500, and no sales tax in NJ, you should be able to generate some positive equity.

1 Like

that is a very very heavy car that doesn’t sell very much to be experimenting with.

Or it’s the next TRX. Certainly a better value then a Model S Plaid right now.

model s plaids have been worthless for a while.

8 Likes

What about the RS etron GT. Same market concerns?

Was just looking at the RS, quite nice but the dealers around me are above sticker for that trim…

What state are you in? I can choose from 4 of these at MSRP in NJ. I don’t understand why…

Check out this build.

That’s a solid build! That’s on the lot currently? Was actually thinking about the RS after reading your wiki on non captive balloon loans.

On the lot and available at MSRP. The options on this one make it less ideal for a balloon loan. However, I am looking at another one, a base RS with MSRP $144,490. This models much better in the calculator where the MRM is $151,015

1 Like

You’re not getting it for Msrp are you?

Honestly solid, but such a low volume car, no?

IMO this is one of the cars which will be the first to drop like a rock as play money dries out. Range is meh, styling is meh, it’s fast and futuristic but future EVs will quickly make this undesirable

1 Like