What's up with Ford F-150 leases?

It seems like they are way higher than all the other trucks, Im I missing somthing or is just that the case?

1 Like

It’s mostly the case (obv shortages are prolly making it worse right now). Occassionally there are deals for F-150s but generally they don’t lease super well. TBH most fords in general don’t compared to chrysler/chevy. As you can see by the lack of many Ford brokers on here.

Fords never really leased well. They are pretty strongly a buy/finance in my book if it is the car you need to get.

I have a Bronco on order and I am planning on financing it unless the programs or incentives improve.

I wonder why…

CPA said to lease unless I am buying a 3/4 tonne, which you can’t find right now

New model
Chip shortage
Hottest truck out there

Recipe for disaster

Really depends on how much you are willing to spend.

We just leased 2 platinum powerboost trucks and it’s very high, but the company literally mints money, we needed two trucks and had no other choice.

So long story short unless you are loaded or need an f-150 asap just take your time.

Trim and engine choices matter too

1 Like

Yeah I am not loaded only make $100,000 a year with the biz. I may just take a look at ford later on and get into another truck right now. But I have time, realistically until august.

They are focused on pushing out xlt’s at the moment.

So if you can settle for an xlt crew cab you should get a normalish lease, mf is a bit high but so are residuals, 66% for 36/10

Lariat is pushing into a much higher range cause you won’t get as much of a discount.

King ranch/platinum/limited = most dealers at msrp, some bad specs a few thousand below but that’s about it.

1 Like

While leasing may be easier, I’m sure you’re CPA would be open to a conversation regarding purchasing instead if the value proposition in leasing a Ford isn’t there. No need to spend dollars to save pennies.

Get a new CPA or have an in depth convo with your CPA. You can depreciate a vehicle if you buy.

If section 179 is important to you, make sure the GVWR is over 6,000 lbs.

Never makes more sense to buy something you don’t need or to spend more money for a write off - you really only save xx% of that purchase by writing it off.

If leasing is a must - go to the Tundra or RAM. Those lease better.

F-150 historically never leased well. Even in the heyday of $200/mo leases from GM and RAM, the F-150s were usually $100/mo higher. Granted I feel like they are the better option, just not for leasing to the common folk like my family where it’s used to move couches or mulch once in awhile.

2 Likes

Problem: Ford F-150 doesn’t lease well.

Solution: look at other trucks.

2 Likes

Joe Biden was seen driving one - now everybody wants one…

6 Likes

plus a 6.5’ bed with the 6000 gvwr, if not, then you can only write off 25k

I think it’s all gonna depend on how much you wanna spend per month for the particular business.

You can definitely 100% writeoff for certain businesses i.e construction company, renovations, etc etc

End of the day the ball is in your court, the only thing most people here can offer is whether it’s a good deal or not.

In the current environment most trucks or vehicles aren’t receiving much discount, unless maybe you are looking for a 8 ft box regular cab.

It’s the better truck, definitely not the better monthly payment for leasing though.

Ah the truck that was introduced during the 2nd term of bush jr.

Ram over tundra all day in your scenario. Though I hear they are getting pricey now too in the shortage.

I agree completely. The Tundra is a 15 year old truck, and it drives and feels like one. The technology was updated - so that’s only like on par with like 8 year old vehicles lol.

RAM is a much better truck IMO to lease. If buying - Tundra will be more reliable.

Personally, I always thought F150 was the best truck, followed by RAM, then Chevy/GMC and then the Tundra and then the Titan.

I’ve never understood the leasing as a tax savings thing.

Let’s say you lease a $40k truck and the lease payment is $500 a month. You write off $6k per year. That same $40k truck depreciated over 5 years (as is standard) nets you $8,000 a year in depreciation. If financed you write off the interest as well.

Everyone’s tax situation is different but I have always come out ahead financing for tax purposes. Now, for driving a new car every 3 years leasing makes sense but my vehicles in the business name are always financed.

True, they did update tundra’s tech.

Tundra can be more reliable but also a “filthy” gas guzzler :rofl::rofl::rofl:

From what I have seen most ecoboost’s are good for 250k+ miles before you gotta start doing maintenance on stuff like turbos.

F-150 is the class leader tbh. Every refresh they drop they are leaps and bounds ahead of the competitors.

I drove one the new trucks back and it is crazy, on the highway in adaptive cruise you can basically go hands free, the tech is there for full autonomous but the software is still being tweaked and worked on from what I hear, set for q3 release 2021. And 24 mpg combined in a truck is wtf… type of mpg for a 1/2 ton pickup.